Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Be Thankful

Today I was doing a bit of blog surfing when I came across a blog about a little girl who lost her life to SMARD - a disease I had never heard of before.  As I read her story told by her Mom,  I sat and cried.  Maybe I'm more sensitive to stories like this than some because I have been the parent with the child in PICU when the Dr.'s can't figure out what's wrong with them.  It's a horrible place to be.

Anyway - reading the story - remembering those days in PICU - just reminded me to be thankful.  Be thankful when the house is trashed.  Be thankful when the school calls because the pants are sagging.  Be thankful when the homework is not finished or we can't figure out the millionth math problem. Be thankful when the TV and computers are both occupied, be thankful when I can't find a clean dish in the sink or a coat to wear because she has borrowed mine yet again.  Be thankful for their opinions.  Be thankful when we are running to yet another game, function, youth group event.  Be thankful when they are fighting. Be thankful when.  Just be thankful.

Life is too short.  I will soon be facing a loss of a different kind - one of a child moving on to college.  Be thankful for the 17 wonderful years when we weren't promised anything at 3 weeks old.  Be thankful.

Thank you Jesus for the two amazing blessings you gave me.  I am so grateful.  Thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...