Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, February 7, 2011

25 Days of Praise


So it's been a while since I've done any posting on this subject!  Rest assured - I have not forgotten.  This week the focus was on intimacy.  With the blizzard last week and my untimely sickness - this week was honestly a struggle for me.  Kids home every day is not conducive to intimacy!  It was not a complete fail however - but that's all I'm gonna say about THAT!!

ANYWAY!  Tomorrow we start week 4 and the final week!  I will actually miss this challenge.  The crazy thing is I've been focusing so much on this challenge that it never dawned on me that at the end was Valentines Day!  I think I've used up all great ideas I could possibly ever come up with - so maybe I'll leave the planning of that special day to the man :)

Tonight my son rolled his eyes after I read a status update I had put on Facebook - and said "you two act like a couple of high schoolers!" to which my husband replied "well I do believe that's the best compliment you could have paid us" - and - of course - my being the more serious one - said "and I think you should be thankful because it's not something a lot of your friends have."

I am thankful, as always for this amazing guy God has blessed me with.  We have a quote up on our bedroom wall and it says "The Lord Blessed the Broken Road that led me to you".  It's true - the Lord DID bless my broken road and I am so glad He led me to my hubby.

Here's what Courtney says about week 4:


Week 4 February 9th - Women love romance, chocolate and flowers on Valentines Day. Do you know what your husband wants? Ask him! Let me make a suggestion as to what a majority of men want even if they aren't willing to say it: a great tasting, looking, smelling home cooked meal and home cooked dessert, you pursuing him for a night of passion (remember you are married - HAVE fun! God created passion for us married folk! lol!) or a letter expressing all the things you admire about him. One of these things he would surely enjoy. Which of the three does your husband need from you right now?


I don't have to ask, I already know!  I will ask, however, to make sure I'm not just making an assumption.  And in case that man is reading this post - I do love romance and flowers - and I especially like away time and dinner out.  I'm not a big chocolate fan - don't hate it - but it's not something I "love" like most women!

Either way - I just love to be with HIM!  

How has this challenge gone for you?  Have you learned anything about yourself?  About your spouse?  What have you found difficult?  What have you found easy?  What needs work in the future and what do you think your pretty good at?

Keep it up my friends - marriage IS hard work - but the reward is great.   

To close this one out - here are some quotes I found on marriage.  Enjoy!

Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.  ~Barnett R. Brickner

More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse.  ~Doug Larson

The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes.
Amy Grant

Any fool can have a trophy wife.
It takes a real man to have a trophy marriage.
Diane Sollee

I have no way of knowing whether or not you married the wrong person, but I do know that many people have a lot of wrong ideas about marriage and what it takes to make that marriage happy and successful. I'll be the first to admit that it's possible that you did marry the wrong person. However, if you treat the wrong person like the right person, you could well end up having married the right person after all. On the other hand, if you marry the right person, and treat that person wrong, you certainly will have ended up marrying the wrong person. I also know that it is far more important to be the right kind of person than it is to marry the right person. In short, whether you married the right or wrong person is primarily up to you.
Zig Ziglar      





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...