Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Random

No posting makes for a bad blogger!  Sorry - I've probably lost all my new-found readers!

Life has been INSANE this past couple of weeks.  I can't believe how much we've had on our plates!  Having 2 teenagers sure makes for a busy schedule.  I kid you not - this weekend - we have attended 6 soccer games, taken both kids to various practices, helped a friend plan and pull off a surprise party, attended band practice, taken E to classes - and the list goes on.  This afternoon I thought I would pass out from exhaustion!  Busy Tami = non-creative Tami = non-writer Tami.  Sorry folks!

I had lots of opportunities to practice "Let it go" this week.  Also had some opportunities to speak the truth in love.  I'm getting better.  I have always been an all or nothing kind of girl.  Either I say nothing or I blow a gasket.  I'm getting better at finding the balance.  Still hate confrontation but am learning that sometimes it's better to just talk things out rather than allowing them to fester for long periods of time and then totally blowing it.  I don't know that confrontation will ever be anything I "enjoy" but I am learning I can be Godly about it.

As far as the happiness project goes - I have NOT been doing so well.  As I said earlier - busy - busy - busy.  I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing right now!  That's not a good start my friends!  This week I'll have some time to re-group as my favorite man has mid-winter break.

Speaking of mid-winter break - on the agenda is some spring cleaning.  My laundry room drives me INSANE.  It's so small and has so much crap in it.  I am DETERMINED  by the end of this week - the laundry room and our bedroom will contain 50% less crapola.  Gonna clear, clear, and clear some more.  Clear out until it hurts.  Watching a million HGTV and TLC shows has taught me if your house ain't big enough for the junk - then you have 2 choices.  Bigger house - or - less junk.  In this economy, bigger house is not a possibility so less junk it is!

Spiritually - it's getting time for a trip to Ludington - lol.  It's getting time for some sunshine, warm breezes and the sound of waves rolling into shore.  Of course right now, all you would do on the shores of Lake Michigan is freeze your butt off - but I am longing for some alone time with the Lord on a sand dune staring out over the Lake.  I don't think I'll get to do this anytime soon - but maybe when the kids are on spring break we can visit my Mom and M and I can take a day trip.  I am looking forward to that before I even have it planned!

On another non-family note.  Please pray for my friend A.  A has a daughter who has something called Noonan syndrome.  Her little girl is not doing well right now.  I spent this afternoon hugging on her as she was hooked up to her oxygen tank.  Week after next, I'm going to have her over if she is feeling up to it and we're going to bake some cookies and maybe I'll treat her to a happy meal at mcd's.  Mom is terrified and the little girl is as well.  They found a mass on her brain and she will have surgery soon.  Due to the syndrome, Mom has explained to me that there is a high likelihood this mass is cancer.  Please join me in prayer.  The pressure is tremendous for this single Mom trying to raise 4/5 kids on her own.  I can't imagine her day to day struggles.  I love this family and am praying God performs a miracle. 

That's about all at the moment.  Enjoying the day to day life God has given me.  Thankful for good kids (not perfect - but good!), a loving husband, a roof over our heads, food on the table, and the love of friends.  Who could ask for anything more?  Not me.  I am blessed by this amazing life.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I am still reading! Thanks for keeping it real. We can all relate to those busy busy times that come and hopefully go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...