Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blessed

Hola :)  My amazing hubby and I spent the last 24 hours in Sandusky, OH enjoying some us time.  Tonight I type this - content.  What an incredible marriage God has blessed us with.  I can't tell you how much fun we have and how much we enjoy each others company.

I don't think I've mentioned this before but maybe this will offer someone out there some hope.  This marriage - is a God thing.  It has not always been what you see now.  12 years ago, we suffered in silence and our marriage was falling apart.  I never would have believed we would move beyond those struggles and enjoy each other the way we do now.  If your marriage is in trouble - let me offer your some hope.  God can do amazing things - if only we would look not to ourselves, not to each other - but to Him.  If you look up, you spend a lot less time tearing each other apart - and suddenly - your marriage will become what you never thought it could be.  Is it hard?  Yes.  Are there struggles?  Yes.

The root of most marriage troubles is selfishness.  What a shame that we treat others better than we treat our spouses.  In marriage, we must give - and give - and give - until it hurts.  We must think of the other more highly than we think of ourselves, put their needs above our needs.  When we stop spending so much time focusing on ourselves, suddenly we can truly see the other person.  Just some free advice :)

Anywho - I could go on - but instead - let me share with you some pics of our fun weekend.  We sure had a good time.  Thanks again to our incredible friend who gifted us the hotel for the weekend.  It was a big blessing and saying thank you doesn't seem like enough.   We got a free upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite - so not only was the room free - but the upgrade was free - and that was great!  I love me some Jacuzzi time!  This morning I ate my danish in the Jacuzzi and had my books there too.  Ahhhh.  It was wonderful :)

Here are the pics!!

 Jacuzzi.  Soooooo relaxing.  I think we should put one of these on our back deck!!

 The room.  Yes, 2 double beds.  They didn't have king size rooms w/ Jacuzzi.  I found that strange.

 For some strange reason, I can't get this thing to let me type between those 2 pics.  Anyway - Pic two was to say THANKS to A, our friend who gifted us with this fun weekend :)  Pic one was the first ice cream cone of the season.  Good stuff!!  Superman ice cream ROCKS!!

 East Harbor State Park - Lake Erie.  I'm trying to refrain from saying this - but no matter how many times I visit Lake Erie - boy does it make me LONG for Lake Michigan.  Lake Erie, is just nasty.  The beaches are ugly, it's, I don't know.  It ain't Lake Michigan.  

 Okay, couldn't type between those two pics either.  First one is us - of course.  We are so cute together - lol :)  The next couple of pics are from a nature preserve we found off of route 2 between Sandusky and Toledo.  I was pretty.  We got to see a goose fight, an eagle, and lots of birds and bird watchers.  I am looking forward to going back when the leaves are on the trees.  I think it will be beautiful.



1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

I agree with 100% about Lake Michigan - it is by far the best lake, especially from about Muskegon down; when you go North it starts to get rocky. We've visited Lake Huron a few times and are amazed by how differant the sand is compared to the sand on the west side of the state. We made our first trip to the lake Yesterday (Sunday) in the 80 degree weather . . just to see it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...