Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, April 11, 2011

Country Apple Dumplings

Tonight I made something yummy :)  Country Apple Dumplings.  Actually, I'm not normally a fan of dumplings as the whole slimy dumpling taste bothers me.  You get that here, a little bit - but the ingredients of this thing - more than make up for it!  Hope you enjoy :)

Ingredients
2 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored (I used 3 small granny smith and just doubled some of the slices in the dumplings)
2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 (12) Mt. Dew (Oh yeah, you KNOW this got my attention!!)


Instructions:

1.  Peel and core apples, set aside

2.  Unroll Crescent roll dough - separate into triangles

3.  Wrap apple slices (if you are using large granny smith, one wedge per crescent triangle - I used small apples, so on some of them, I wrapped more than one apple wedge.


4.  Place in greased 9x13 pan

5.  Melt butter slowly, then add sugar and cinnamon.  Do not boil or burn.

6.  Pour over the dumplings

7. Pour Mt. Dew over dumplings


8.  Cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown.  
Sorry - forgot a picture of the final product!!  I will say - I turned the dumplings about half way through because I was concerned they were going to burn.


YUMMO!!!


Now, I must give credit where credit is due.  This is NOT my recipe.  I repeat - this is NOT my recipe!  I got this recipe on my favorite recipe site - allrecipes.com.  Here is the link for Country Apple Dumplings, originally submitted by docswife.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!  Next time, we'll try it with some ice cream!!

1 comment:

MelissaDaams said...

sounds good. but i do not like mt dew b/c i avoid caffiene and i believe it's in there. perhaps i shall try it with a caffiene free version

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...