Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Messenger of Hope


I had another post scheduled for today - but this morning, during my devotional time while I was praying for the girls The Daughter Project will soon have, God reminded me of something and I felt someone out there needed to hear this post instead.

Jeremiah 29:11 states:  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

In approximately 1982/83, I was in jr. high.  I attended a church camp.  I remember very little about this camp - but first you need some background.  For those of you who have not read my testimony - please go up and read "Beautiful Past".  As you will read, I am a survivor of child sexual, physical, and emotional abuse.  In 1982, things were not good.  To get away for a week was a blessing - something that didn't happen very often.  Rape was a part of my daily life at that point in time.  I was suicidal, scared, desperate, and very much alone.

One day at camp, I found myself in an area where there was a picnic table/pavilion like thing.  I have no idea what I was doing there.  I know it was shortly after a service - but I was alone.  I believe I was debating telling someone what was happening in my life.  As I sat there and the sun was setting - out of nowhere, stood a man.  He wasn't there before and he was gone before I knew it.  I had not seen him prior to this, and I never saw him again.  I was not afraid - which would, at that time, have been my response if a strange man appeared and I was alone.  This man looked at me and said a few things.  He told me God loved me.  He told me God had not forgotten me.  He told me God had a plan and a purpose for my life.  He told me I had a future.  Then he was gone.

I now know his words came from Jeremiah 29:11.  Those words this "man" spoke to me were what I clung to for the next 7 years before my father was finally arrested and I began to heal.  He was my messenger of hope. 

Maybe there is someone out there right now who can't see past the next 5 minutes, let alone a bright future.  Maybe someone out there is alone, afraid, and can't even begin to fathom a God who loves them in the middle of their circumstances.  Maybe it seems there is no hope.  Maybe you are desperate for rescue.  Maybe you say "well that's good for you, but that's never going to happen to me."  I would have said the same thing.
 
Do you know how much Jesus loves you?  Even though my rescue did not come for several years - those words gave me something to cling to in my desperate times.  I ask you to do the same - cling to the promise God gives you of hope, of a bright future.  He WILL prosper you.  He DOES have plans for your life beyond the pain you are feeling right now.  Don't let anyone tell you different.  Cling desperately to Jesus in heaven who WILL be your rescue.  It doesn't matter where you come from, what your going through - Jesus loves you.

This morning, God gave me another picture.  He showed me the moment He had enough of my father and the terror he inflicted on me.  The moment he commanded his angels to GO.  The moment He decided I was to be set free.  That moment is coming for you as well.  I couldn't see it, and neither can you - but it IS coming.  God sees your tears.  He hears your desperate cries for help.  You are not forgotten.  I don't know you and you don't know me - but I do know the God I serve loves you desperately.  He hears you, He sees you, He is in the business of pulling us out of the pit of hell.  He's going to do that for you too.  He loves you far more than you can know or understand in this moment.  Please know that.

I don't know who this post is to - but I know I was supposed to write it.  I am praying for you, dear friend.  Hold on.  Your rescuer is coming.

2 comments:

Martin said...

You're my hero! Thanks for letting God use you so much.

Anonymous said...

Keep speaking truth, Tami! The words our Father anoints in you will go forth light light-rays piercing holes in the darkness. So glad to know you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...