Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A day to remember!

Today is June 28.  5 years ago today, I was recovering from surgery and received a call from my Dr.  I don't think I will soon forget his words.  You have cancer.

It was almost surreal, although I was prepared for it.  I'm a "researcher".   Love to search the Internet.  I knew the reason for surgery was to check my ever-enlarging throat.  Yet - no matter how prepared, no matter how much I think I already knew - it was still - crazy.  I was 35!  Cancer?

Now here I stand 5 years later on the same date.  5 years is the mark you are considered cured.  WOO HOO!!

I had an amazing surgeon.  I have an 8 inch scar across my neck - but I'll bet unless you look super close, you'll never see it.  Thank you Dr. Bungee for doing such an incredible job - and your bedside manner was always outstanding.  I had an incredible oncology team up at the University of Michigan.  They always took the time with me.  They showed me every test, explained everything in detail.  It was as if I was the only patient they had whatever day I came in or whatever test they had to run.  They truly were incredible.  Thank you to my family Dr. who, if not for her persistence, who knows where I would be now.  I tried to blow her off, telling her my neck was "always that big." She didn't listen.  By the time I had surgery 6 months after her initial concern, the thyroid/tumor was the size of a tennis ball on the left hand side alone - choking off my throat from the front and the back.  Medically speaking - I had it good and I will forever be grateful to all of you.

5 years.  It seems like such a long time ago.  God is truly amazing.  He is the ultimate healer - the great physician.  His hand guided me every step of the way during my cancer journey.  Now - I am cancer free and now - CURED!  YEE HAW!!  I will forever sing His praise!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...