Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Sunday, July 10, 2011

How you can help

Recently I had someone comment on my blog about how they could help in the fight against sex trafficking so I thought I would post this here and give you something to pray about.

I don't know this person personally and I'm trying to remember how I happened on her blog in the first place.  She works in prison ministry and in the brothels in Haiti to bring the love of Jesus to all imprisoned there - in whatever way they are in chains.  It's amazing to me.  She is allowed to go into the brothels and work with the girls - pray with them, shine the light of Jesus on them.  She gets to know the women there and just plain loves on them.  It's pretty cool if you ask me!  When I think I can't do anything "big" for the kingdom - I look at this blog and think - now there is someone who simply loves on people - and look at how awesome it is!!

On her latest post entitled "Where to Begin?", if you scroll down, she will tell you the names of the girls in a new brothel she is now visiting.  You can pray for those girls by name.  I found it interesting to note - almost all of these women are working in the brothel since the earthquake.  With no other means to feed their families, they ended up selling their bodies to help their families.  What a heart breaker.  Can you imagine being so desperate?  Can you?  Oh church - there is so much to be done in the world!  So many need the love of Jesus!!  So many need even more - feet to action!

Just wanted you to check out Melonnie's blog, read the stories, allow it to break you heart and get on your knees and pray for these women.  We can all make a difference!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...