Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Friday, July 15, 2011

Where is the justice?

Tonight, I am sad and frustrated. This is not normally something that bothers me. I don't know why it's gotten under my skin tonight - but - it has. Let me explain.

As most of you know, (and if you don't - please read "Beautiful Past"(upper left side under the blog heading) before this post and it will help you understand) - I was a victim of childhood sexual/physically/emotional abuse. It went on from my earliest memories until I turned 18. I am thankful to my Jesus for all He has done in my life. Again - read the Beautiful Past page and you'll have more info.

Anyway. Probably every 6 months or so, I check online on the registry to see where my father is. I haven't seen him since the age of 18 and it's my way of keeping track of him. To make a long story short, about two years ago, I noticed he had was listed as "non-compliant" on the Michigan registry. I was able to locate him in South Bend, IN so I checked the IN registry - and he wasn't registered. He is supposed to register for life.

To make a long story short, I contacted the Michigan State Police and explained the situation. I had an address, and I gave it to them. All I asked is that he remains registered. That way I can at least do my part in protecting other girls. The Michigan State Police then informed me there was some sort of "glitch" in their system and actually he was considered compliant in Michigan. He had moved out of state and technically, was no longer their problem. However, he was NOT compliant in Indiana because he did not register.

Stupidly, I trusted them and left it in their hands. (Sorry, this part makes me bitter). I was informed they would pass on the information to the local police in Indiana and the situation would be handled.  I assumed I would be contacted.  You know what they say about assuming.

Well, guess what? Oh they "handled" it all right. They fixed the "glitch" in their program, listed him as compliant - and, to my knowledge, never contacted the Indiana State Police nor the local police in South Bend. He was out of their state and that's all that mattered to them. It's wrong on so many levels I can't even say.  I was never contacted.

Honestly, I just walked away from it. This is a side of things that can get me pretty worked up. It was botched from the beginning justice wise. I've let go of that honestly - but it still doesn't make it okay. There is very little care for victims - or at least this victim - and it was this way from the start.

Anywho. So. I went on tonight to do my check. Guess what I found out? Now he has been dropped ENTIRELY from all registries. He's still not on Indiana's, not on Michigan's and not on the national registry. This is exactly what I told the police would happen - he would disappear. And he has. Now - the question is - is he dead and no one bothered to tell me? Or is he running free somewhere, not complying with the law, and some other child is being victimized?

It's not right. I'm tired of it. I don't know what I can do to change the laws and to make those in charge care - but I'd like to do whatever that is to make people stand up and take notice. Yeah, I'm ticked off tonight. Those that are supposed to protect - ah nevermind.

That's all. I don't even know if there is anything I could, or should, do about it. It just makes me mad.

-End Rant-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...