Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Friday, August 26, 2011

Whammo


We're hanging out at Wisconsin Dells, Mount Olympus, Hotel Rome.  Pretty sweet deal, very cool place.  We have to check out in an hour, and I'm blogging.  At Mount Olympus, they have a theme park - both indoor and outdoor - and a water park - again - both indoor and outdoor.  They also have 4 go-kart tracks - sweetest go-kart tracks I've ever seen.  All this for a total of 132.00 buckaroos.  That includes the hotel and tickets to all of the above.  Yeah, we got a sweet deal.

Last night the kiddos decided they wanted to split up.  Dad and Elyse headed to one go-kart track, Jon and I to another.

Jon and I headed over and got in line.  Earlier in the day, we watched this - oh - 10 year old or so - girl come into the go-kart line after she was finished - full speed - and totally crashed into the stopped person in front of her.  I'm really surprised the guy didn't have whiplash.  She hit the gas instead of the brake.  It wasn't pretty.  That made me nervous.  So, as I was standing in line with Jon, I was thinking about the incident, the fact that there are no seat belts in these go karts and the fact that safety doesn't seem to be much of a priority here.  It's a cool place - but - I think a litttttllllee training needs to be done with these teeny boppers on rule enforcement.

Anyway - so.  Jon and I get in the go-karts, Jon in front of me.  We take off.  I get behind this kid who's about 12.   He's weaving all over the stupid track.  I try to wait him out a bit - I want to get around him, but I don't want to crash.  Finally, I get sick and tired of waiting, decide to take him on the inside.  I outweigh him - but honestly - not by much.  Well, just as I try to scoot on the inside of him, he cuts me off.  I hit him on the back side corner (actually, it reminded me of those cool police videos where they bump the back end/side of cars they are chasing to get them to spin out), he does a little spin, and I totally t-bone him.  Now, the rules at the park are - one bump - your outta here.  I apologize to the kid, tell him I didn't mean it, the guy comes running over and sets us back on the track.

I wish I could say it ends here - but it doesn't.  He's with a family.  A family of elephants.  Not really - but they all outweigh me - Mom, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, brothers, sister.  There seemed like 20 of them.  Really it was more like 5 - but it seemed like more.  We pull back into the "station" and I hear Mom yell "LET'S TAKE HER OUT!".  The kid, who I'm sitting behind, because after we got set straight on the track, he continued to weave all over so I couldn't pass him, turns around and says "MOM - that was actually FUN!" - but she's hot and they are behind me discussing how they are going to smash me on the next go around.

Now, you all know I'm not one to walk away from a fight.  Not even close.  However.  These were biker type of people and there was me - and Jon.  He, of course, wants to stay and duke it out.  Me - no thanks - not this time - I'm out.

Nothing more came of it, we walked away, I stayed off the go-karts for the remainder of the night, that was it.

The moral of the story is - be careful who you smash on a go-kart track.  There just might be a family of elephants waiting for you at the end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...