Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Good preachin'

This morning we had a good service at church.  We got to hear from some missionaries that are in a Muslim country and live in a neighborhood with Sharia Law.  I have major respect for them.  As much as my heart breaks for Muslim women - I would have a difficult time living under that.  I'm such an opinionated woman - it wouldn't be good.

The best quote of the morning was this and I thought I would share it with you:

The same God that loves the Muslims - loves you.

I'm sure different people got different things from that quote.  In our post 9/11 world, Americans in general are still angry and understandably so.  I thought it was good though to point out that Jesus died for us all - even for those who tried and succeeded in killing our friends, our families.  It's tough, I know, to muster up sympathy and compassion for a people who hurt us the way they have.  I think, honestly, that's why there is never peace in the middle east.  I don't think we get it, truly, not most of us.  To be the bigger man, to forgive and move on, to not retaliate - that, my friends - takes the power of Jesus alone.

As I said - I have a major amount of respect for Christian men and women who could stay in this country, safe and sound - but instead choose to go into a place where they are hated and to show them the love of Jesus.  It's amazing to me.

Say a prayer today for our Muslim friends all over the world.  Only Jesus can remove the veil from their eyes.  Only Jesus can bring peace through Him.  It is only through a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ that the hate will be erased.  Do you know Jesus is appearing to them in their dreams and in visions?  I've read a few stories - it's AWESOME!

Pray also for our missionary friends in harms way.  Pray for their protection.  Pray for their ministry to explode.  Pray for their families as they serve either with them or serve at home on their knees.  Pray they are able to touch the hearts of those blinded by hate.  They need our prayers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...