Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Friday, September 16, 2011

Luke 6:38 and Special Olympics

Check out this verse:

Luke 6:38
Give, and you will receive.  Your gift will return to you in full - pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap.  The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

Love this one!

I'm not sure if this verse is supposed to be talking about money.  Maybe it is - I would have to check into it.  However, I think it applies to other areas of life even more.

We coach a Special Olympics Soccer team which most of you know if you read regularly.  Last night - I was I tired.  I had taught for 7 straight hours, my throat hurt, my feet hurt, and talking was a struggle.  I got out of work at 3:20, got home and ran out immediately to go to practice.  Truthfully - I didn't want to go.  I wanted to climb into bed and go to sleep!  But - duty called - and so we went to practice.

Coaching Special Olympics is by far one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in life.  I can't tell you how awesome it is.  Had I known it was this wonderful years ago - I would not have spent so many years (not counting a few groups of beautiful young women that I still am in contact with whom I love!) coaching at the high school and travel level.  The politics are just gone and I actually get to do what I LOVE to do - work with amazing people and teach them a sport I love.  So nice!!

This verse - applies to Special Olympics.

Give - give of your time, your talents, your heart.  Give out of compassion.  You will receive.  Your gift will return to you in full - and then some!  Coaching Special Olympics is just plain SPECIAL!  Every day I go, intending to "impart" my "knowledge" - and always -without fail - by the end of the practice or game - everything I want to give to them is handed right back at me - in more quantity than I can even contain.  I don't know if that makes sense - but just like the verse says - it's poured into your lap.  Poured!  I just love these "kids".

It is true.  It is better to give than to receive - but it is also incredible to see that when you do give - you receive back oh so much more.  Blessings are just like that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...