Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On the menu

I'm a bit late getting to this post.  With having Elyse home last weekend, I didn't get around to the grocery shopping until last night.

We decided to head to Meijer's only because I've been shopping at Kroger all the time and I wanted to check once again to price compare.  Bad idea.  Spent more money at Meijer than I have in months at Kroger.  I think from here on out, we'll stay at Kroger.  It appears to be cheaper and we get a gas discount as well.  As a side note - I'm glad my husband is willing to go grocery shopping with me.  I know many men wouldn't do that - and I want to publicly thank him for being willing to do that.  Sometimes it seems it's the only time we get to spend alone - lol!

On to the menu.  My kids have always been great at eating what is in front of them, but little man - well sometimes he can only take so much change in his life before it really begins to stress him out.  He has grown tired of my creativity in the kitchen - lol.  He has been requesting that I not switch things up all the time.  No - he's not being bratty and he truly does struggle with change - so, in order to make his life a little better and mine a little easier, these next 2 weeks, I only chose 1 or 2 "new" meals.  In those "new" meals, they are similar to foods he is used to eating so I am hoping he will be okay with them.  I've been sharing with you the cost and this week the total was around 303.00.  Now, at the request of my college daughter, I did buy a slew of microwaveable foods to send on to Minneapolis to her.  This week I also needed dog food, laundry detergent, toilet paper, a memory card for E, etc - and that stuff adds up quick which may explain why my bill was a little high this time around. 

Anyway - let's move on to the actual food.  Hope you can find some ideas for your menu this week!

Lunch
Ham & Potato Soup
Catherine's Spicy Chicken Soup

Dinner
Barbecue Beef (a carry over - again - lol!)
Spaghetti
Slow Cooker Beef Stew (new but not much different than roast and potatoes which we eat regularly)
Taco Salad
Roast/Potatoes/Carrots
BLT's
Ham Steaks/Mashed Potatoes/homemade applesauce
Caramel Apple Pork Chops (new - I intend on making the sauce separately & having that optional for him because I don't think he'll like it)
Baked Ziti
Mac & Cheese and hot dogs
Tacos

Snacks
Crackers & Cheese
Sauteed Apples (new, but similar to applesauce or apple crisp)
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread (carry over again)
Apples/Caramel Apple Dip
Tortilla Chips/Queso Dip
Smoothies
Malteds
Popsicles
Popcorn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...