Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Sunday, November 27, 2011

And another one bites the dust

And another one's gone, and another one's gone, and another one bites the dust.  That was for all my 80's friends out there.  Back when there was good music to listen to on the radio.  Just kidding, just kidding!!

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone.  This new phase in life is so strange.  Dropped off our oldest at the airport today along with a lot of other college parents - all looking like they stayed up too late and all wiping away the tears as they walked away.  The kids, who look like babies I might add, happily trotted off to their new lives without us :(  Sigh!!  I don't know what part of me thought I would find this stage in life new and exciting.  Somewhere along the line I got this mistaken belief that as the kids moved successfully on with their lives, I would stop worrying, I would suddenly find time for all the things I never got to do, never got to be because I dedicated my life to them.  To put it bluntly - that was stupid thinking.  I worry more now than ever, I don't have time to do anything because I'm working my butt off to pay for the college bill - totally not what I had in mind.  I was thinking more along the lines of cruises to the Caribbean, smoothies under palm trees - that sort of thing.  Okay, so maybe that was a bit unrealistic - but it truly is what I thought would happen when the kids began their lives without me lol!!

Anywho - we enjoyed our time with our oldest and the only thing keeping me together is the fact that my favorite holiday is fast approaching and it's only 18 days until I see said child again!  Plus I'm counting on Publisher's to come through as a Christmas present to me so I can pay that college bill and enjoy the palm trees like I said.  Yep - about as realistic as my expectations for when the kids jogged off to their new lives :)

I'll get some pics up for you soon.  I didn't take many. WHAT was I THINKING??  We ate a whole lot of turkey starting with a Thanksgiving with my family, followed by our Thanksgiving and the kiddos got to enjoy Thanksgiving feast at church as well.  I do love turkey - but admittedly - I'm sick of it.  Today I think I'm going to make ziti with some of the venison we just picked up from the butcher from Jon's first hunting season success.  Shhh, don't tell anyone - curious if anyone notices.  Never had it myself so I'm curious if I notice!

I trust you had a great Thanksgiving celebrating with family and friends.  It seems to have come and gone so quickly this year.  Now on to decorating the house for CHRISTmas - can't wait!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...