Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Tree Skirt


Oh yeah, I made this!!  So excited - it looks awesome under the tree!  I was only able to get one good shot with the low lighting in our house.  Tomorrow I'll get some more for you.  (I'm really annoyed with that little red thing on the blue right in the center bottom of the pic - what IS that anyway??  It's not really on there!!) :)

I'd like to say I came up with this one all on my own - but - I am a great copier - not a great original crafter!  Having said that - the original came from The Crafting Sparrow.  Click on her link for full instructions to make this beautiful creation for yourself.  Thank you Crafting Sparrow for posting this one - it really makes my tree look complete :)

Couple of thoughts for you.  First - it takes a gazillion jillion glue sticks.  I bought a packet of 50 and I think I used at least 35.  Second - cutting out the material - takes a gazillion jillion years.  Not a fun part of the project for Ms. Impatient - which is me.  Third - go to the dollar store and buy a cheapo tree skirt for your base.  Easy please lemon squeezy.  Fourth - it takes several hours to complete.  It took me 3 days of working at least a couple of hours each day.  Fifth and most importantly - look closely at my picture.  Do you see that beautiful blue?  I have no idea what material I bought.  It's really soft like a babies blanket.  Whatever you do - do NOT use that material.  What a pain in the behind!  It rolls up, it's impossible to work with.  It also makes you just want to go to the nearest couch and cuddle up with it which is not conducive to getting a lot done :)  It's beautiful - but not the right material for this project.  I intend on making a second skirt for the real tree and as much as I like it - the blue will not be in my next tree skirt.  Too much work.  Not sure what I'm going to replace it with.  I also think on the next one, I will make bigger strips of material.  Maybe.  Then again, I still have some left that I already cut out, so maybe not.

Anywho - isn't it pretty??  Marty is not happy about the blue.  He is not sure what blue has to do with Christmas.  I think he said something about how it looks like the ocean and I said "EXACTLY!" I'm dreaming of a Caribbean Christmas baby :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...