Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Update!

So sorry folks.  It's been such a long time.  I will try to post more often in the weeks to come.

Let's see!  What to tell you???

Ummm - I got sick and stayed sick for over a week - no fun.  Then, just as I was barely starting to recover from the sickness, I broke my toe.  Now - that might not sound like a big deal, right?  Yeah, well, I broke the base of it, which turns out to be difficult to break.  Due to the location and severity - no toe taping for me - but a walking cast - for - 8 weeks.  8 weeks people!!

I have yet to figure out if I can drive with this thing on.  I took last week off due to being sick and trying to get the swelling down in my foot.  The goal for the next 3 days is to spend enough time on my foot to figure out if I can handle chasing kids around for 7 hours.  I'm hoping to pick up some half day jobs towards the end of the week just to see if I can take it.

The boys finished off the semester and have started a new one.  Jon made it through his first semester of Algebra which was not an easy task for him.  So proud of how hard he worked to pass that class.  Funny story - we were in a restaurant when he looked up his exam grade - which was a 63%.  Now - most parents would not be pleased with that - but Jon worked soooo hard and with his learning disability - we were PRAYING he would pass the stupid exam.  So - he sees on the computer that he got a 63% and YELLS out in the middle of the restaurant - "YES!  I got a 63%!  I passed!" and we about jumped out of our seats and high fived him.  Everyone was kind of looking at us like "WHAT is WRONG with them??  WORST parents in the WORLD!"  Anyway - funny moment and again, so proud of all his hard work this semester. 

Elyse made it through her first semester and with a ton of work and dedication made the Dean's list for her first semester of college!!  She got all A's and 1 B.  We are equally as proud of our girl for working so hard and dedicating this time in her life to grow in the Lord.  We love our kids - both gifted in their own ways.  We sure are blessed :)

Let's see, what else?  We are slowly moving forward with trying to move.  We have gotten a short sale packet from our mortgage company.  Pray - we need a miracle.  We don't have a "hardship" really in order to technically get a short sale.  We will not walk away from our house - we can pay the mortgage and pay we will.  However, the worth of the house is literally less than half of what we paid for it.  We have no options but a short sale - but the mortgage company has to agree to it.  We are going to talk to them about how Jon has switched schools and we need to be closer for him.  I don't know that they will consider that a "hardship" or not.  If not, we have no options but to stay.  For Jon's sake - we need to move closer to school.  He wants to play football in the fall and living 45 minutes away is not feasible for that.  The gas money IS killing us and if gas hits 5.00 a gallon like it's supposed to - then we will have a hardship!

Like I said - I'll try to post more often.  I apologize.  Life is just crazy right now.  If your still with me - thanks - and sorry to disappoint!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...