Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Update!

First - let me apologize - I had a few comments some wonderful readers left a long while ago that I had yet to approve only because I haven't been on here since spring break.  I am sorry :(  If you are still there - thanks for stopping by and for commenting - it's always wonderful to know someone actually READS this blog!!

Second - let's just give you an update on life!

Elyse - finished her first year at NCU!  CRAZY!  We are so stinking proud of her.  She is such a blessing to this Mom!  I flew out last week to meet my in-laws in Minneapolis and we brought her home.  She, once again, did great, got awesome grades, met some terrific friends and loved her life in Minneapolis.  She is slowly adjusting to being home - I remember - it's a tough adjustment.  She misses  her friends and there are already plans for at least one of them to come stay with us for a week to visit.  How fun :)  Seems like it was just yesterday when I went home to meet Marty's family in college - and look what a huge blessing that has turned out to be! God is so faithful!

Jon - 6 more weeks and I'll have a sophomore in high school and a 16 year old!  Lord help us - lol :)  He has done some major growing up this year.  At the start of the year, he was short enough for me to rest my chin on his head and he weighed under 100 pounds - or right at 100.  That is all no more.  His voice has changed, he is taller than me and he clocks in at close to 140 pounds!  He loves his new school and is planning on going out for football in the fall.  He has worked very hard this school year and has come a long way.  He, too, is a blessing to us.

Marty - let's see.  He's been busy teaching as always.  We had a little scare right around spring break - he was bumped from his teaching position.  I don't know why I worry though, God always knows what the future holds and another science teacher is retiring which secured Marty's position for at least next year.  He's also picked up quite a bit on the metal scrapping.  He loves it - I don't understand it - but if it makes him happy, it makes me happy!

Me - WELL :)  I don't know what I wrote last but the weight loss journey continues!  I have yet to miss a day on my couch to 5k training.  I have added weight lifting and working out with a friend at least one day a week as well.  The weight continues to be stubborn and I have been stuck for well over a month at the same weight - but I just keep pressing on.  I have become totally vegetarian now.  Working on eliminating all processed foods - but let's just say that is not as easy as cutting out the meat was!  Being a thyroid cancer survivor has it's pitfalls and a horrible metabolism is one of them!

US - working on moving to Ann Arbor - the goal is to be there by this fall.  AND - we are about to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary later this month!  WOO HOO!  I'll write more on that later - but let's just say I consider myself to be incredibly blessed to be married to Marty.  I can't wait to celebrate 20 years - we are more in love now than we were 20 years ago. 

Well my friends - there's your update.  It's a long one and I'll do my best to start writing more often.  Our home computer died so my time on the computer is now limited to when Marty is home from school with his laptop.  But - I will try my hardest to at least post once a week or so!

Thanks for reading this huge long post :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...