Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Attitude of Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving faithful readers!!   I trust you had a TERRIFIC Thanksgiving celebrating with family and friends.  I KNOW we did :-)

I'll post some pics later - but today we had a fun day celebrating Thanksgiving with 7 Chinese students from UT.  They've been here a year - and have never been in an American home!  I think that's so sad - but I am so grateful to God for connecting us with Weiling - and from Weiling - to the students we got to meet today.  I love meeting students from other countries.  So fun to show them a little bit of American culture and learn something about another place in this beautiful world God has created!

To keep this short and sweet - today I am choosing to have an attitude of gratitude.  Yes, finances are extremely tight, yes Christmas is right around the corner and right now - who knows how we're going to be able to purchase a thing - yes, my health has been weird lately, the kids sick - there are many things to pull us down in our every day life if we focus too hard on the negative!

However - we have soooo much to be thankful for!  Have you ever seen pictures of beautiful African children - quite literally half starving to death - but with a smile on their face???  I mean - come on!  If they can find happiness in the smallest of things - then why can't we??

So - on this fine Thanksgiving - here are some things I am thankful for!   My terrific husband, my amazing kids, the roof over my head, laughter in my home, peace in my heart, friends in my life, a church in which I am free to worship in, a country in which I am free to work hard, to put food on my table, and speak what I think without fear, I am thankful for the good health of my kids and husband, for being cancer free, for my mom & step-dad, sister and brother, Marty's side of the family, a furnace that works (praise the good Lord!), water at my disposal, furniture to sit on, dogs and cats that make me laugh, a Lord who loved me enough to die for me.

I love my life.  Sure - it has it's tough moments - but sometimes - life is all how you look at it.  If you have an attitude of gratitude - life can look a whole lot better :-)

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...