Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Sunday, November 28, 2010

No time for blogging!!

So after almost 2 months straight of a post a day - I finally fell off the bandwagon :)  It's been a hectic but good Thanksgiving break and I haven't been on the computer for more than 2 minutes for the past 3 days.  Actually - I think that has been a good thing!

For the Thanksgiving week re-cap - here we go!  Wednesday Marty and I enjoyed time together getting the house ready for the big day.  Lots of cleaning and moving furniture around to accommodate all the Thanksgiving guests.  Weiling came over and helped me prepare the feast.  We worked hard - starting at 5 p.m. and working to almost midnight.  We were both ready to drop :)

Thursday Weiling's friends all came and we enjoyed their company.  My favorite part of the day was going around the table listening to what everyone is thankful for.  I found one thing to be true - no matter where we come from - we are all thankful for the same things.  Family, friends and the love of those around us.  It brought tears to my eyes to look around the table at the beautiful people God has put in my life.

Friday we cleaned again and my Mom and Dad came in.  Always good to have them here!!  Saturday morning started early with putting the turkey in and practice for orchestra.  Mom joined me - although I'm quite sure she was bored by the end of it ;-)  We ran home and enjoyed dinner with my sister and nephew, brother and sis-in-law.  Again - my favorite part was going around the table - tears were had by all.  You have no idea how good it is to have us together - without fear and pain.  Who knew?  I love my family and am so thankful God has given us this time together now.   God truly has made everything beautiful.  My only regret for the day was the fact that I was hardly here.  Next year we're not going to have it that way!!  I should have told my clarinet choir I couldn't make it - I regret not spending the time with my family.

From there - 2 performances for clarinet choir.  I performed HORRIBLE the first time around.  Totally unhappy with myself.  Second time around went better - but I have a lot of work to do.  Now it is Sunday morning, we all overslept, I am fighting off a sore throat and stuffy nose and my amazing hubby is cleaning the house :-)

It was a good break.  I am content and happy with what God has blessed me with.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

2 comments:

Mr. Moreno said...

I thoroughly (sp?) enjoyed our time together and just think it's only three weeks until Christmas break!!! I love this time of year. Thanks for making Thanksgiving break such an enjoyable one. I love you.

sonbeam55 said...

I am so glad I "found" you!!! Thanks for leaving a comment, so I could. I was surprised to see a comment because I didn't think anyone ever read my blog - how did you "find" it? Anyway - if you sent me a "friend" request on FB, I probably deleted it, not knowing who you were! Try again and I'll look carefully! Your blog is beautiful! You have a gift with words. Blessings to you, dear Tami! Hugs from Hudson!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...