Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My name is Tami, and I am an addict

Well, actually, I'm not.  I do, however, on certain days, think about becoming one.  Why?  That's simple.  I am the mother of 2 teens.  Somehow I wonder if raising them during a chemically induced buzz would be easier.
TOTALLY KIDDING PEOPLE!
Raising teens is a job. I actually have 2 relatively drama-free teens.  I am blessed and I realize that.  No drinking, no drugs, no partying, no boys or girls in the bedrooms, etc.  I have non-trouble makers for the most part.
However - there are days - that the tears flow.  And flow.  And flow.  I'm not just talking about the girl here.  Or the boy.  I'm talking about ME!
Kidding again.  Sorta.  Seriously though - am I the only mother of teens that hopes - and prays - that one day - they will like me again??  There are days I can't do a stinking thing right.  I'm amazed at how stupid I've become in my "ripe old age" of 40.  I must be losing brain cells by the billions the older I get ;-)
I love my kiddos.  I really do.  Love them more than you know.  Treat them like crap - and you'll find out just how much I love them.  I'll put my boxing skills (man do I miss boxing!) to good use I tell 'ya!  Yet it's TOUGH STUFF this raising of teens!  TOUGH! 
Okay - there was no real point to this post and I'm approaching my self-imposed word limit!  Just wondering if you amazing parents who have lived to tell about these tough years ('cause I'm quite sure they will either kill me or cause me to be admitted to a mental institution) have any great advice - or encouragement - for a Mom who hopes and prays she's doing everything she can to raise amazing young people!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...