Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, January 24, 2011

25 Days of Praise

On my last week of the first week of praising your man - here's a story I want to share.

This week, Elyse & Marty were headed over to Kroger.  I think Marty had just picked E up from work.  There was a homeless man sitting there.  As homeless situations go - E was crying.  I love that about my kids - they can't stand to see a homeless person - it rips them up.  They really hate it.

Marty saw him, and began to drive on when he felt the nudge of the Holy Spirit.  He turned around, rolled down his window and asked the man if he would like something to eat.  The man eagerly replied yes!  Marty and E headed over to Wendy's and bought him some hot food and delivered it to the gentleman.  E could hardly contain herself.

I share this carefully - not wanting the recognition to be here on earth for Marty.  Yet - this is something I love about him.  He is always - always - always - eager - and ready - and willing - to stop and help.  I, on the other hand, can be controlled by my fears and drive on by - missing the blessing God may have for me.

On Facebook, a friend shared this:   A pessimist, they say, sees a glass of water as being half empty.  An optimist sees the same glass as half full - but a giving person sees a glass of water and starts looking for someone who might be thirsty.

Today, I want to say thank you to the man who looks, who sees, and then who gives.  You make me more proud than you know babe.  You have taught our kids well.  The compassion they hold for others often comes from you.  Thank you for teaching me as well.  I love you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...