Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A place to lay your head


Luke 9:58 "Jesus replied, Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head."

This has got to be one of the saddest verses in the bible.  It came to me tonight while I was playing My Safari on Facebook.  I don't know why - it just did.  Chapter 9 has a whole lot of stuff in it - healings, jealousy, possession, salvation - a lot - but tonight - this verse stood out to me.

The son of man - The son of God - had no place to lay His head.  It shouldn't be.

I think tonight of all the people who have no place to lay their heads.  Those in shelters, those on the streets.  Those in Haiti, in Africa, in America.  No place to lay their heads.  Cold.  Dark.  Afraid.  Alone.  In need of healing and salvation.  In need of a miracle.

Matthew 25:34 - 40 states:   34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
   37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
   40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

So I ask you - where do you lay your head tonight?  Are you warm?  Are you comfortable?  Are you alone or afraid?  Are you hungry or thirsty?  On what surface does your head lay tonight?

The least of these - a place to lay their heads.  Lord help me to see the least and give them a place to rest.  Break my heart for what breaks yours. 

1 comment:

Jennie Joy said...

That verse has been in my mind for weeks now, Tami. I really appreciated your reflections on it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...