Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Friday, January 7, 2011

Rage against the....

Random thought here.  That phrase keeps popping into my head.  Not sure why - but let's go with it and see where it takes us.

I have a conflict within myself.  I get fired up easy - lol.  Stop smiling those who know me!  Recently my hubby was telling a story to our Pastor and mentioning how I told someone off and my Pastor laughed and looked at me and said "really?" or something to that effect - but he wasn't all that surprised.  Now - let me clarify - he was not saying anything negative - he's just known me long enough to know about my spitfire personality.  Lucky for him (lol - kidding) - he's never been the target!

Anyway - I walked out of there thinking "I don't know if I liked that".  Not him but the fact that he wasn't surprised by it - which means I must have a little reputation in this area.  Why does that surprise me? 
Okay - so the whole point is - I thought to myself  "Hmmm - is THAT the impression I want people to have of me??"

So - back to the phrase.  I can't decide if this is a good part - or a bad part - of my personality.  I am a justice person.  I like things to be RIGHT and not wrong.  I hate when the bad guy gets away with things.  It really angers me.  I hate lying, cheating, dishonesty, injustice.  I hate when people hurt other people and don't care nor think twice about it.  I should have become a lawyer, a cop - a - I don't know - but I love to see justice carried out.  So, in this sense - I don't mind this part of my personality.  I do believe it is who God has made me to some extent.  I am thankful that wrong bothers me - because it should bother us all.

On the flip side of the coin.  In an argument with my amazing man yesterday, he said to me "WHY does it MATTER to you what other people think??  IT DOESN'T MATTER.  LET IT GO.  If they think you are lying, they don't know you and nothing you say will matter!  You DIDN'T lie so let it BE!"  By the way, the caps indicate the level of frustration he was expressing.  Which, honestly, Marty never speaks in caps - but I have a unique way of pushing those buttons sometimes - lol!!  Anyway - the situation he was speaking of, I wanted to make right.  I wanted to yell to the universe I was being honest and it was just plain WRONG that others were not.

Which leads me to this.  How much time do I spend raging against the... anything.  I realize today when thinking about it - I do this a lot.  I spend a lot of time being frustrated by all that is wrong in the world and all the wrong people that get away with all the wrong things.  It makes me wonder - is that good - or - do I lack peace in my soul?  Am I at peace deep within?

It's a honest question - and one I would love to hear another perspective on.  Where is the line?  Justice IS important.  I think I threw something like "well it's a good thing the prophets told people where they were wrong so they would turn to God" at that amazing husband I was speaking of above - but - honestly - that was a childish response and I knew it as it flew out of my mouth - but I wasn't about to admit that.  I'm admitting it now.  Sorry babe.  ANYWAY.  Where is the line?  Between peace and being a peacemaker and yet raging against the wrongs in this world - because someone has to do that too.

Thoughts??  Scripture??  (On both sides please)  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...