Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, January 10, 2011

"Christmas" Letter!

Nothing overly important here - just a little update on how the fam is doing since we never sent out a Christmas letter for 2010.

Lysie Bug:  This year's missions trip took her to Haiti.  She fell in love with the people and especially the children.  My little missionary girl has now experienced missions trips to 6 countries!  Amazing what God is doing in her life/heart.  She nailed a 28 on her ACT scores which was great news.  She has applied to North Central University and is awaiting an acceptance letter any day now!  Can NOT believe we will drop our daughter off at college this year.  Lord help me :)

Little Man:  Turned 14 this year and is beginning to grow like a weed.  Finally has a few armpit hairs which he's pretty stinking excited about - lol ;-)  Playing lots of soccer - got moved up to a more advanced team - as always!  The kid has some God-given talent.  He's still having a tough time in school but is maturing in this area as well.  Keeps us laughing - he is our little jokester and class clown (usually a good thing but not always!)  Can't believe he'll be 15 this year - technically he could start drivers training - but - uh - that ain't happening anytime soon!!  He'll start high school this year - CRAZY!

Marty:  Still teaching up in AA.  Still loving it.  He is an incredible teacher and the kids and parents love him.  God has gifted him to work especially with kids like little man in school. I don't think Marty realizes how good of a teacher he is and how blessed his students are to have him.  He's teaching Biology this year after 2 years at Chemistry.  I think he'll always be moved around just because he is flexible where others are not.  He doesn't care - we're just happy he has a job still!!   Marty will turn 40 this year :)  Make sure you make a big deal about it on June 22 ;-)

Me:  Not much new here!  Started playing my clarinet again.  It's been good and bad.  Good because I have truly missed playing - bad because I am NOT the player I was after college and that is a difficult adjustment.  This year on June 28 I will celebrate 5 years cancer free - which means cured.  WOO HOO!  We will have a party so plan on attending.  Not necessarily on the 28th either - don't know the date just yet.  Gotta work that around graduation, end of school and 2 birthdays in June.  Which reminds me - I turned 40 this year and suddenly understand why older people say I don't feel a day older than 20 - because I don't!

Family:  God is good and faithful as always!  We are back at BCC for church.  The Rock was awesome - and a Rock in our lives for the past 3 years.  However - with the kids still attending BCC, we felt as a family divided and decided it was time to go back for them.  It hasn't been a difficult change and it almost feels like going home.  We were able to spend the holidays visiting Marty's parents in Texas which was GREAT!  Yeah - I've decided I could handle Christmas in the South and Lord willing - we'll be moving there sometime in the future.  Not Texas - but South.  I think the Carolina coast sounds good to me!

That's that!  How's your family doing??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...