Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Friday, February 25, 2011

On Blogging


I found some of these questions in blog land.  I thought this might be fun - so here goes :)

What are your thoughts about blogs/blogging?
Obviously I love blogging.  I love writing.  I wish everyone blogged.  I'm a blog stalker and a blog writer.  Love, love, love blog(ging)s :)

How many hours a day do you spend time blogging?
Lots.  But honestly, it depends on the dayI'm a streak blogger. Maybe that sounds bad.  I mean I go in streaks.  Sometimes I post a lot, sometimes days go by and I couldn't write if my life depended on it.


Any silly/crazy/funny stories or experiences related to blogging you'd like to share with the readers:   Two that I can think of.  One is funny, one not so funny.  Once I was in Kroger parking lot and a woman approached me and said she was a stalker of my blog.  I had never seen her before.  It was, quite honestly, a little unnerving and I kept thinking in my head "Oh boy - WHAT have I written about lately and just how much does this woman know about my family??"  but it turned out she is a wonderful person and we got to be friends.  Another time I had a woman FREAK out on me and leave me nasty comments and pretty much tell me I wasn't much of a Christian.  Unfortunately I allowed her rudeness to get to me and questioned myself for some time until one day I thought no more - I like me - just the way I am - and I don't feel I've done anything wrong.  Well she threatened to never read my blog again to which I happily replied "no problemo"  I've been removed from a blog roll or two for my frankness on certain issues and I used to allow that to get to me too.  But again - I am me.  Sometimes I say stupid things and sometimes I am - well - honest and blunt - and if you can't love me flaws and all - I don't really need you as a friend anyway so cest la vie.  Although, I have worked harder at keeping things positive and when discussing difficult situations involving other people, I try to keep my focus more on how I am growing and struggling through it and not so much on what the other person did.  I still fail - but I have grown in this area in the past few years.


What are your favorite topics to blog about? 
Everything.  I love talking about my kids, my good lookin' man, marriage, parenting, my walk with God - anything. 


Where do you do most of your blogging?
At home.  Usually after everyone has gone to bed.  Nothing frustrates me more than trying to put my thoughts on paper when there is chaos around me.  I'm pretty focused when I write and hate to be interrupted.


Do you pay attention to your blog stats?
Yeah.  I wish I didn't, but I do.  Every time I see a new follower on networked blogs or google followers, I get all excited.  I especially love to see how many countries in the world my blog gets hit on in.  Does that make sense??  I love when I see another new country, or a country I know is restricted or not open to the gospel.  I love reaching the world from my little 'ole place in it.  It's fun :)  I have yet to see any representation from Africa though - maybe once but that's it.  I'd like to see that change :)  I've seen hits from a whole lot of other places though - Mexico, USA, Canada, all over Europe, a lot of Asian countries - even restricted ones, India (one of the top three places in the world that hit this blog) - all over.  No, I don't mean that to brag.  If you know me, you know I just love all kinds of cultures and people and it's exciting to think someone that far away is reading my blog.

What kinds of blogs do you like to read?
All kinds.  I like reading family blogs of those I know (Hi Carlee, Stacey, Alana, DaNella, Bethany, and Jackie), I love reading missionary blogs (Hi Jennie Joy, Arise Haiti & the Mazurs),  I love reading crafting blogs (too many to name), I love reading blogs by women who inspire me (hello to Deanna , Women Living Well, Amira) and I love exploring and finding new blogs (hello tatertots and jello, don't waste your homemaking, jewelry for change, my repurposed life, beauty in the attempt, Misty @ bake me awayA thing of beauty, etc, etc, etc!).  Forgive me if I missed yours.  I like finding new blogs to read and be inspired by.  There are a lot of amazing people out there and blog land is a place you can meet many of them.


Do you have any questions for me?  I'd love to hear them.  Leave a comment and I'll try to answer either via a post, e-mail or comment back.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...