Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fun Day


What an awesome 24 hours I have had!  It started with a phone call yesterday afternoon asking if we had room to have Jennie come stay with us for the night.  I went into panic clean mode (I KNEW I should have pushed the clean up last week despite everyone being home!) but we were all set by the time Jennie arrived.

What an amazing young woman of God!  I LOVE meeting young people who are passionate about Jesus and His world!  We had much in common.  This young lady is wise beyond her years - so well spoken (no, that wasn't the in common part - lol!).  I just loved sitting and listening to her share all her experiences in life. She was most recently in Sudan working with street kids.  She had some incredible stories.  Of course you all know how much I love all things African!  Her blog is on the right hand side of my page - it's called Seeds will Grow.  You really should go check it out!

She shared a video about a lady  named Mama Shekina (spelling? - sorry Jennie).  It will prompt a blog post at another time.  I want to talk with Jennie about possibly getting permission to put it up here.  Amazing testimony and gave me so much to think about.  God just keeps dumping it on this week, let me tell you!!  Never think you have "arrived" because the moment you think that - God starts pointing out some things you've never seen before that need a little work :)

Anyway - I find myself contemplative this evening and have to admit - I'm looking forward to some one on one time with a journal, my bible, some worship music and Jesus tomorrow.

On another note - the sunset is beautiful this evening - as is the quiet in my house because my kids have both fallen asleep at 6:30 p.m. - what's up with that??

That's all folks :)

PS - I just checked my stats - and there was a visitor from South Africa!  WOO HOO!!  Perfect timing :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's the link to the film about Mama Shekinah. :) Love you, Tami!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...