Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Recipe!


Sunday I tried a new recipe - and it was AMAZING!!  Simple, few ingredients and a great brunch recipe.  I served it with sliced strawberries (on sale at Kroger) and an apple coffee cake (purchased on sale - I could make it, but it was cheaper to purchase it).  The recipe follows - but let me give you some tips before.  It did not specify - or at least I didn't take what they said maybe the way they meant it - whether or not to actually COOK the eggs before doing the layering thing.  I guess reading it now, that probably makes sense - but what I did was take the milk and eggs, lightly beat that together, dump that into the 8x8 UNCOOKED, drop the sour cream in there instead of layer, throw the sausage on top.  It did take me longer to cook, and I had to mix it up a couple of times to get all the ingredients mixed together properly.  I also did not put the cheese on until it was already cooked - and then just heated it long enough to melt the cheese.  You might try doing it the opposite way and cooking the eggs first - but whatever works for you:)  Anyway - it was YUMMO - and very bed and breakfastish.  I forgot to take pics (above not my own) - I'm sorry - but here's the recipe - enjoy!!

Ingredients:
1 roll of Kroger pork sausage
10 eggs
1/4 cup milk (although I messed up and used 1/2 and it was still yummy)
8 oz container of sour cream
1 cup of shredded cheddar (I used 2 cups)

Lightly scramble eggs w/ milk.  (This is the part I think they meant to cook - but I took scramble to mean beat).  Brown sausage.  On bottom of 8x8, layer eggs, then sour cream, then sausage.  If you cook the eggs prior to layering, then go ahead and put the cheese on now.  If not - WAIT :)
Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes (it took 35 for me plus 5 with the cheese to melt it)

It is SOOO yummy!  By the way - you may think 8x8 is not enough.  However - we have enough left over to serve this twice - so it makes technically 8 plus servings.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...