Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, March 7, 2011

Happiness Project - Boost Energy


Well folks - unlike last month - I have been very intentional about this month - boost energy.  Let's review and talk about this upcoming week.

Review - Week one - no pop

I am happy - and proud - to say - I am pop free.  I have not had a Mountain Dew in 7 days.  If I was honest - only once was it difficult.  It was beginning to make me sick - every time I drank it, my stomach hurt and the heart burn was horrid.  It's been NICE to be free of that this week!!  Do I miss it?  A little - but it hasn't been half as difficult as I thought it would be.  I have focused on NOT focusing on it!!  I found it difficult when Marty and I had free time.  It was such a habit to go grab a .59 cent dew from Circle K, using our change jar.  It was entertainment for me - cheap entertainment.  But - hey - I figure - this week alone - we've probably saved at least 20.00 if you count all the times I wasn't the only one who would go grab a pop or treat.  I will continue on the no Mt. Dew thing this next week.  One of my 40 in 40 goals is to be pop free for 60 days - I have 53 days left.  I will say no caffeine has left me exhausted people!  I'm not a coffee drinker and I can't say no pop has boosted my energy yet.  I know it will result in that in the end - but for now - it's tired this girl out!


Looking forward - Exercise

Gulp.  I am an all or nothing exerciser.  Either I go all out and do something like P90X (and almost kill myself might I add) or I do nothing.  I am working hard at resigning in my head that I will STICK to what I said in my happiness project goals - 3 days - 20 minutes each day.  Now, I know that needs to increase.  I realize that.  Yet, I'm working on making healthy choices permanent habits - so I need to start off with something more reasonable, manageable, and something I know I can accomplish.  Once I make that a habit, then I can add more.  I have a nice bike and trainer (the thing you stick your bike on so you can ride indoors - a necessity where we live) and I'm going to drag those out and that's what I plan on doing.  Also thinking about going over to the Y and signing up for a water aerobics class.  That's just a thought at this point - but it's something I once enjoyed doing and gave us because I didn't consider it "difficult" or "intensive" enough (and now I do nothing!).  We have a family membership at the Y I got when I worked there - we get the membership dirt cheap.  Jon uses the Y quite often.  It's stupid for me not to.  I'm humiliated to get in a suit at this weight in front of people I used to work with - but whatever.  I need to get over that and just do it because I enjoy it.  Once it gets nice out, I'll take my biking outside.  I can honestly say I LOVE bike riding.  I wish we had an extensive trail system here - or sidewalks - but we don't.  I can drive to a nice park though and use their trails and those are good enough.

I have not stepped on a scale to see if the no pop thing has resulted in any weight loss.  My goal is to not focus on the scale this month.  That's enough for now.  At the end of the month, I may do that - but right now, I don't want to become disappointed, discouraged - which always results in giving up.  One week at a time - one day at a time if necessary.

What about you?  Have you been doing anything this month to improve your overall health?  Leave me a comment and tell me what you find helps to boost your energy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...