Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, March 14, 2011

Happiness Project - March - Week 2

Review:

March is boost energy month/focus on health.  Week 1 brought the end of my pop drinking, Mt. Dew guzzling days.  Happy to report, I am still pop free, now 14 days.  I have to admit - this weekend - rough.  I wanted a dew so bad.  Little man came out of the trade fair (local event), got in the car with a can of Mt. Dew in his hands, set it on the seat, spilled it, and handed it to me so he could clean it up.  UN - FAIR!  That was all it took to start the craving and I battled it the rest of the weekend!  However, I did not cave - lol!!  Week 2 was to add exercise.  I was hoping this step would help alleviate some of the exhaustion that not drinking pop was causing.  Well. It might have worked - but I would not know - because - I did not do it.  I did exercise one day, but failed to exercise 3 days as planned.  I think (I hope) it will become easier and easier as the forecast this week shows that I will be able to take it outside - increasing the possibility that I will actually DO it.  In fact, we're predicted to hit 50 - which means - the bike is coming out.  So - success week one, fail week two.

Future:

This week we add eating a clean breakfast.  I'm not a breakfast eater at all.  My blender broke and I really need a new one - but it's not in the budget.  That means this week is going to be tougher than I thought because I'll have to actually cook - which stinks.  I do love a good smoothie and smoothies are a great way to alleviate the sugar craving once you go sugar free - but no smoothies for me.  Anyway, I will stop whining now about my busted blender and non-smoothie week and tell you that I did eat a clean breakfast this morning.  I took a potato, sliced it up real thin, added some onion, cooked that in some EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) and then added a couple of eggs.  Actually - it was extremely yummy and guilt free.  That's always a plus!  We'll see how the remainder of the week goes.  I'll also plan on adding that exercise in that I didn't accomplish last week.  Sooner or later, that must become a permanent part of my life as well - so there's no time like the presence.


How about you?  Have you taken any steps this week/month to boost your energy?  If so, I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

Jackie Koll said...

Thanks for posting. I made a plan last week for things to do to start taking over my life - drinking more water, eating better (salads for lunch and actually eating something other than a cookie for breakfast) and excercising. The one thing I did was go from drinking 3-4 cans of Pepsi a day to drinking only one. Sorry, I don't want to give it up 100%, I enjoy it way too much but I need to get back to just the one a day and not ordering pop when we go out to eat!!

everything.beautiful said...

Jackie - It's so hard isn't it?? I've wanted a Mt. Dew something fierce these past couple of days!! Don't apologize anyway - everyone has to figure out what works for them! If it's not something you can stick with long term, then there is no point in doing it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...