Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On the prowl



I Peter 5:8 says this:   Be alert and of sober mind.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Let me share with you what happened to me this morning. 

I've had a rough couple of days.  Yesterday, lost focus, got upset about a situation, yelled at my poor husband, said stupid things.  Blew months of not reacting to situations without seeking God first.  Nope, just blew.  Marty took the brunt of it - poor guy.  I don't know why he puts up with me sometimes!!

Anywho - so - last night I determined to sit before God today, confess, apologize, and get my focus back in the right place.  I wasn't going to do anything else until I did this. 

The house is a pig sty.  I'm on strike.  Tired of my teenagers (God love them!) trashing the place and no one taking care of their crap.  I declared a strike 2 days ago.  No laundry, no cooking, no doing nothing for nobody until they can respect their mother.  They are on their own. You want food?  Make it for yourself.  You want clean underwear?  Clean it yourself.  We are at a standstill right now - but it's only a matter of time before one of us caves - and let me tell you - it will not be me.

Anyway - not the point here!!  The point is - the house is a mess.  The teens left peanut shells all over the living room floor and now it's covered in ants.  Not.  Happy.  So, I swept that up this morning - I can't have ants.  Shhh, don't tell them I did that 'cause I saved 'em to throw back on the floor when they get home :)  Kidding.

OKAY - SO.  I was already distracted by the messy house this morning, but I made myself a clean breakfast, got a glass of water.  Grabbed my prayer journal, my music, my bible, lit a candle and settled myself into my favorite chair (thanks sis) to get serious with God.  All the animals were sound asleep (inevitably one of them will want out as soon as I sit in my favorite chair).  I read the word and began praying when, out of no where, I smell this putrid smell.  If there is one smell I can NOT stand - it is the smell of cat pee.  I HATE IT.  The first time every cat has peed in our house has also been the very day they've been kicked out.  If I smell it, it sends me into an obsessive/compulsive seek and destroy mission.  No corner gets left untouched.  I'm on my knees, gloves on, bleach in hand.  Must.  Kill.  That.  Smell.  I kid you not - I probably need psychological help in this area.

So, I'm trying to pray.  I'm telling myself "TAMI - You can get that LATER.  You do NOT need to deal with that now!"  but the smell keeps getting worse and worse.  It's saturating my nose hairs.  The cat hasn't moved.  He has never once peed outside of his box.  His sitting right there, sound asleep, and he's been asleep since I took the kids to school - and there was no smell when I returned from dropping off the kids.  He has not peed anywhere.  Same with the dogs.  I'm becoming more and more distracted, getting no where in my prayer time.

When, all of the sudden, light bulb moment.

There is no cat pee smell.  That's the devil.  On the prowl.  Trying to devour my time with Jesus.

So you think I'm nuts?  I'm not.  Smells and me - well, I just hate smells. Satan knows that - there is a history on that one, but that's for another post.  Read on, read on.

So I simply pray this.  "Remove that putrid smell in my house right now Jesus that distracts me from you!  I command satan to leave this house right now.  I claim your blood and I claim your name Jesus.  I love you Lord."

and poof

gone. 

Nope, ain't kidding.  Snap your fingers - smell was gone.

Think what you must.  Satan and I have tussled on numerous occasions.  If you believe in Jesus - then you better believe satan is out to devour YOU as the word says.  He knows he can't get to Jesus - and what better way to destroy the Father than to ruin His kids?  Remember - the word refers to satan as a prowling lion.  Cat pee/lion pee - I'll be it smells similar.

Must be I needed my time with Jesus this morning!

The beauty of it all?  10 years ago?  I was walking around in complete and total fear of satan.  He commanded my sleep, he held me in chains.   If you had told me 10 years ago I would be free of those horrid nightmares, I would have never believed you.  If you had told me I could sit in my house alone, not hear things, not see things (nope, not crazy) - I would have called you a liar.  I never thought I would see the day I would be free of the fear.  Never thought I would come to a day where realizing I was sitting in a room where satan was being an idiot, and I could just say a simple prayer - totally without fear - and that would be the end of it - never - ever - would have believed you. 

Let me point out one thing.  It's not me.  It's all Jesus.  In my own power, I have no hope.  However, in the power of Jesus - satan can't touch me.  He can't touch you either.  Realize the power you have in the name of Jesus!  Proclaim Him and satan will run away like a scared little cat.  Just like he did today.

Go God!

4 comments:

Martin said...

Great post Babe! I don't put up with you. I am elated to be with you!!

Angela said...

I rarely ever have a chance to read anyone blog, especially the last few weeks with all the family issues, BUT God lead me to this today and I listened...I was drawn to your message this morning and now I know why! I simply can not thank you enough for being obedient and posting this as I am sitting here with goose-bumps and a renewed spirit! I so relate to everything you said and feeling so blessed to have you in my life! I love you!

MelissaDaams said...

a mommy strike - i like it. i can't wait till i can do that one day. course mine are all babies, so i can't really do that right now. but it would be nice if someone could bring home flowers once in a while... or at least clean up after dinner.

anyway, i really like this post of yours. And i don't think you are a crazy cat lady or anything... and it's so cool that you got it and got into your groove to pray and be with Jesus. I respect that.

I think I shall turn off my computer now and do likewise.

word!

Jennie Joy said...

Hahaha- Yay Jesus! ;) Thanks for sharing, Tami, and I hope your strike doesn't have to last too much longer. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...