Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, March 24, 2011

On a personal note

This is an update for family and friends curious as to what is going on in our personal lives :)

Elyse has been accepted to North Central University - an Assemblies of God college located in Minneapolis, MN.  The cost of schooling is over 23,000.  She has been awarded a couple of small scholarships so far and we have completed our FAFSA (I have no idea what that stands for).  We are waiting to see what aid is available for her.  She is working (I hope) on applying for scholarships.  It will literally take a move of God for her to attend this college.  We do not have it and God will need to provide all 23,000 per year or she will not attend.  I have no doubt God will do it - I've watched Him do amazing things in her life and I have no doubt he will do this as well.  If you'd like to contribute to her missionary education, you can always call us.  LOL - JUST KIDDING!!  She will graduate on June 5th and her open house will be on June 11th so clear your calendars people!!  Your all invited :)

Little Man is currently playing soccer and has decided to run track as well.  He has never fully recovered from the meningitis and seems to be tired all the time, so I'm concerned about this schedule.  He has been recently diagnosed with insomnia and we're hoping adding track to the mix will so tire him out that he will sleep better at night.  Normally we don't let our kids do 2 things at once, but we are able to work out the schedule and as I said, we are hoping this will help run off some of his energy and help him to sleep better.  He is doing better in school and only has one class he is struggling in currently. Exams are this week and we are praying he does okay.  Testing is not his thing and this usually means a major drop in his grades.  We are hoping maybe this time will be different.

Both the kids competed in a Fine Arts competition last week.  Next week Marty has spring break and I'm hoping we can spend some time figuring out how to get the video off the camera and onto the computer so I can share their performances with you.  Unfortunately the camera died half way through Elyse's human video :(  Also, I'll share her essay here sometime as well.  Elyse's team and individual events (short sermon and first person essay) advanced to nationals.  Jon's team performed well but did not make it to nationals.  Proud of both of them for using their talents to glorify their Savior.

As far as Marty and I go - nothing much new to report. I am waiting for my background check to clear so I can start subbing.  Hopefully that will happen soon.  Had my fingerprinting done this week so now the ball is in their court and I'm waiting on them.

Sorry - I know this wasn't an exciting post - but just wanted to update family and friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...