Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quiet Time

I've said this before, but beginning March 1st, I made 2 significant changes to my life.  First, I quit drinking pop.  I'm sure that has been to my benefit.  36 plus ounces of mt. dew a day - gone.  That HAS to have a positive effect on my health, right??  The second change - made an even bigger impact.

I've said it before, but I'm not always consistent in my quiet time - or my time with the Lord.  Beginning March 1st, I decided I was not going to miss a day.  60 days of no pop - and 60 days of being in the word, in worship and in prayer without missing.  The change in my heart - dramatic.

I feel calmer about life.  I know that sounds weird - but sometimes - well - a lot of the time - I allow the littlest of things - people in particular - to really get on my nerves.  I feel like I'm in a better place than I was just 30 some days ago.  I feel like things are not rattling me as easily.  I even saw someone - well - a couple of someones - tonight - and didn't feel like getting out of the car and ripping their heads off - and didn't even think about them past the parking lot.  THAT is a HUGE improvement!!

I can't say every day has been a mountain top experience before God.  Quite honestly, at times,  I feel like I'm talking to myself and writing (I write my prayers) words no one will ever read.  But then there are other times where I feel the very presence of God and know my heart is changing.  I know he is molding me and shaping me into what He wants me to be - preparing me for whatever the next day holds.

I'm excited to see what happens in the remaining days.  Excited to hear what words God will speak to me.  Excited to see what wounds He will heal.  Excited to see my joy continue to return. 

Join with me - 60 days of giving up something you really love - and 60 days of spending consistent time in the word.  You'll be glad you did :)

2 comments:

Martin said...

I see a change in you every day. It is amazing what God is doing in your life. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Marty is being super sweet. :) Yay God for doing beautiful things... like He always does... but still... YAAAAAY! :) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...