Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Girls just wanna have fun!

K-Love's word for the day was:

So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life.  That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.
~Ecclesiastes 8:15, NLT

Can I get an AMEN???

I'm a fun-lover.  Now.  My kids call me the fun-sucker - ruiner of all that is good and fun (and dangerous) - but - I disagree.  Paranoid freak??  Yeah, okay, maybe a little bit.  But - I do love to have a good time!

One of the things I enjoy most is BIKE RIDING.  It's fun and FREE!  The Toledo area has several places to bike - lots of trails.  This week for spring break, since we didn't have the mula to go anywhere and the kiddos had to be in school (their spring break isn't for a few weeks), we decided to hit up the various metro parks and check out all the trails.  Yesterday we went to Wildwood and did the University Parks Trail.  It's closest to home - but also one we're familiar with and ride often.

Today we went down to Waterville, OH and started at Farnsworth Metro Park and headed towards Providence.  I was really hoping to do the whole trail - but, yeah, I'm just not there yet.  The ride was rough, it's hilly (not horrible, but far hillier than University Parks), and it was 37 degrees out :)  We rode a total of 8.4 miles, there and back.  Burned almost 500 calories, thank you very much.  Forgot my inhaler so it was a bit slow going.

Here's some pics of the trail, the view, our lunch spot - and of course - us.  The sun was in our eyes, the camera is muy impossible to take a picture with (it's my phone) so we're a little squnity.  I was also 3 miles from the end of the trip and feeling rather tired.  Hope you enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the ride!!

 Maumee River - pretty, huh??

 Maumee River again - still pretty :)

 Towpath Trail.  Don't let this pic fool you.  It is hilly in parts :)

 Our lunch spot, our bikes, and my handsome man :)

Us.  Not the greatest picture - but hey - who cares??


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...