Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday is Coming


Today is Palm Sunday - the day we celebrate Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem.  Next Sunday we celebrate His resurrection.

I wonder - what was this week like for Jesus?  As we face our normal routines - running our kids everywhere, doing laundry, fixing dinner - the "stuff" that makes up our lives - do we even stop and think - what was this Sunday - what was this week like - for our Jesus?

He knew what he was about to face.  He knew what was coming.  He knew the incredible physical pain He would endure - for you - for me.  He knew and yet - He did it anyway.

I wonder - if we knew what the week would hold for us - would we do the same?  Or would we run, would we not even head to the garden - knowing the kiss would destroy us?  I'm sure we would pray like Jesus - at least the first part - if it is possible - please take this from me.  But very few of us would pray the second - but your will Lord, not my own.

How our Jesus must have suffered this week.  Oh the pain He experienced.  The mental anguish.  Knowing He was about to say goodbye to the people He loved.  To know His father would turn His back on Him, if only for a moment.  For you, for me.  There are no words to express how my Jesus must have felt this week - the great sadness He must have been burdened with.  The sins of the world nearly crushing him.  For you and for me.

Have you ever really thought about it?  What He did for you?  I can't imagine.  If I held the power that Jesus held/holds - I think the first blow by people who hated and mocked me would have been enough for me to bring down the world on their heads.  But to think - to truly grasp - He took it all because of His great love for us - that just blows my mind.  I don't understand it.  I am humbled by it.  I am overwhelmed by it.  In a way, I am ashamed by it - to think He could love me - who does so many things to hurt him - that way?  Wow.  There are no words.

Here is a video for you - it's really for Easter Sunday.  It's graphic - scenes from Passion of the Christ - but watch it.  See what Jesus did for you.  Realize the great love He has for you.  Bend your knee to the Savior of the world.  Understand that this week, a long time ago, He took all of this - for you.  Before you even yet knew Him.  He came to die.  Remember that.  He loves you.  No matter what you are, no matter who you are, no matter where you've been, no matter what you've done.  He still did this - for you.  He loves you.  Oh how He loves you.  Watch the video - this, my dear friend, is how much He loves you.


1 comment:

Martin said...

Awesome video!! My favorite Easter snippet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...