Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, May 26, 2011

First & Last

 












Today is a bittersweet day.  It is Elyse's last day of high school.  My how the time has flown.   I said I wouldn't cry - but I lied.

Here is what I wrote in her scrapbook the very first day of school 13 years ago:
Your first day of school.....what can I say?  You began a 12 year adventure that I pray brings you happiness and not tears.  I wish I could be there to hold your hand all day long - but I can't.  I can only hold your heart in my prayers and be there for you every step of the way.  This day brought a strong sense of pride and happiness - but also a few tears.  You loved it as we figured!  You embraced it whole heartedly.  Mrs. Kearney was your teacher and she was awesome. 
And now - her last day of high school:

Your last day in school....what can I say?  You began that 12 year adventure and it brought you both happiness and tears.  I still wish I could hold your hand every day - but we've moved past that now.  I am thankful God allowed me to be with you every step of the way as was my prayer 13 years ago.  The years have brought so much happiness and so much joy.  They have brought hard times as well - but nothing that together - as a family with God as the center - we could not overcome.  I love our family bond more than anything.  We love each other, we fight for each other, we stand with each other.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  This day, your last day of school, also brings a strong sense of pride and a bittersweet happiness.  It also bringing tears, which have taken me by surprise.  You are ready for the next step in your journey.  You are leaving high school an amazing young woman of God - and of that - we are so very proud.  You are beautiful, you are strong, you are courageous, brave, independent, unique.  You are still, above all, my baby girl.  I love you so very much.  More than you will ever know or understand until you have your own child one day.  I can't wait to see what God does in and through you in the future.  I know He has great and awesome plans for you - because He is a great and awesome God.  I love you baby girl.  You are so special to me.  Congrats.  You have worked oh so hard for this moment.

 First Day of School - I would like to point out your wearing pink.... :)  Look at how stinking cute you are!

 Getting off the bus at TRE!

 Last day of school :)  No longer so excited about going!  You are also super sick and should probably NOT be going to school today!

 Texting before school - of course :)

 Senior Relays shirt!  Burrito - your nickname Jessica gave you.

 Dropping you off on your last day!

Really done with me taking pictures:)  This is it baby girl - enjoy your last day.  I love you.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...