Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

His mercies are new every morning

I've been working hard at getting up before the kiddos (well, okay, so it's not that hard when they are teenagers and rarely out of bed before 11 a.m. :) ) to spend some quiet time with the Lord.  I love to sit on the back deck, listen to the songs of the birds, feel the semi-cool breeze, look at all the green grass and blue skies.  I'm trying to soak it all in hoping my memory will serve me well in the long cold hard winters.  Every summer I think I could live here forever and every winter I wonder what in the world I'm still living here for.

Anywho - not the point.  This morning as I was doing my devotions - it was rather awkward.  Although we have a nice backyard - actually, a nice yard in general, on one side, we're pretty close to the neighbors.  They are in the process of slowly (no woman in the house thus the slow movement on the project.  Weeks upon weeks.  If I were there, they'd be done by now!  Lol - I don't care but I think it's funny how the pace differs when there is no chick to move things along!!)  removing their old wooden siding and replacing it.  They did the back of the house last summer.  It's funny how people's taste differs.  I am not a fan of the color of diarrhea - lol - but they love it!  They are doing this very strange siding with the diarrhea paint to go along with it.  But hey - I do like my neighbors - he's a good guy - no partying -  lets us use his driveway and never complains about the 5 million balls of all different varieties that are constantly in his yard.  So - having said that - he can paint it the color of poop if he so chooses :)

Wow.  This post is so far off my original intent, I'm going to have to think of a new title.

So - devotional time was awkward this morning.  Hard to get your praise on (which many times involves tears for me) with the neighbors 5 feet from you.  Although awkward, it was still a good time with God.

Oh for goodness sakes.  I have totally lost what I wanted to say to begin this post.  Yep, it's gone.  Anywho - me and Kiwi (worlds best dog) enjoy our morning time before the chaos of the day begins.

I do know at some point I wanted to share that after all my whining in the previous post, I must have had 5 different people contact me (who didn't see the post) yesterday.  Friday night I think we're going to have a bonfire/campfire and have some people over.  I've posted it on Facebook in hopes some new faces will be brave and stop on by.

WEll.  Wasn't THIS an exciting post??  Yes, His mercies are new every morning.  Even when your neighbor is standing right next to you painting his house a beautiful shade of brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...