Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

40 in 40 Review - First 10

If you are a new reader to my blog, you'll notice over on the left hand side a list called "40 in 40".  I do believe I originally borrowed the idea from my friend Jackie.  The idea was to do 40 things this past year (the year I turned 40).  I have to admit - focus has not been there!!

Anywho - let's take some time to review.  I think for the next 4 days, we'll review 10 things.  That should take me through Saturday - at which point I'll be dropping my baby off at college and an emotional wreck - which tends to be the time I do my best posting ;)  Plus, this way, I can focus on my girl between now and then.

Moving along - lets take 10 the first 10 of the list.

1.  Attend a marriage conference:  Sigh - didn't make it.  No time, no money.  However - we do, of course, have the best, most awesome marriage EVA so I think we'll survive :)  Gonna add this to the list for next year though.

2.  Blog 30 days in a row - YES!  I accomplished this one!  It was back a while - but I actually did it!!

3.  Blog 3 times a week for a year - well.  um.  Nope :(

4.  Clean out attic - not yet - but I still have 30 days!!

5.  Clean out shed - YES - it looks great.  And we didn't even find any big ole creepy crawly spiders.  Plenty of mice - but no spiders.

6.  Coach Special Olympics Soccer Team - This is a new development!!  Back in, oh, March, we checked into this and there were no openings.  Just two teams and they already had coaches.  A couple of weeks ago, I received an e-mail asking if we'd like to take a team after all.  We have completed the application process and will be beginning in the next 2 weeks.  We are excited about this!!

7.  Complete 4 chapters in a book I'm writing - Down 3.  One more month to throw another one in there.  I think I can do this!!

8.  Complete a craft project - hmm.  I'm trying to remember.  I'm thinking this was a big fat no - but for some reason, something is tickling my brain that I must be forgetting.  Well - there's no time like the present - another one I can complete in the next month!  (wow - this next month is gonna be BUSY!!)

9.  Cut grocery bill in half - DONE!  This took some work and some getting used to - but I have managed this one most of the time.  My advice??  Stick to the list, shop according to sales and know that mac and cheese and pb & j are perfectly acceptable meals!!

10.  Donate 1.00 per unfinished item to charity - Can't really do this 'till this is over - but maybe we should pick a charity?  I got one.  It'll be The Daughter Project which Marty and I work with.  If you have any questions about that, leave me a comment and I'll respond.

Well - that's that!   Do you have a list something like this?  I'm making this a yearly thing.  Goals are always good to have.  I'll spend the next month or so creating my new list.  Whatever doesn't get finished on this past list will move to the new list - unless it just doesn't apply anymore.  Anyone wanna make a list with me???




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...