Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, August 25, 2011

40 in 40 Review - Second 10

We'll just get right to it today:

11.  Eat clean for 30 straight days  - For those of you who don't know what eating clean means - basically, no processed foods, no white flour, no white sugar - fresh, fresh, fresh.  I did this for about a month prior to making this list and felt GREAT.  I was boxing (really), eating clean and losing weight.  My "issue" with eating clean is it's expensive - and hard to do with 2 teenagers in the house.  We have such an insane schedule and eating clean requires some serious commitment - at least for me.  I have not done this yet - but I am not giving up on it either.


12.  Exercise 3x a week for 2 months - Another no.  I'm a sporadic exerciser - all or nothing.  That boxing I mentioned above?  I LOVED it - and then my wonderful instructor fell down a set of stairs, ended up in a coma, (she's okay now) and lost her gym in the end.  That was the end of my boxing "career".  That was also the end of consistent exercise.  I have done good for a week or two here and there - but not 2 months straight.  There are no excuses and if I ever want to lose weight - this is something I must get serious about.

13.  Finish a 5 k - Well - uh - that would require consistency in the above area.  My sister started doing 5k's this past year and has finished several and even got a medal in one.  Does that count???  Lol!  This is something I've always wanted to do - and this next year - I'd really like to accomplish this once and for all!

14.  Follow budget 4 months in a row - I must say we have KICKED IT in this area this past year.  It's been oh so tough at times - but God is faithful.  We just made our first college payment for our girl and I'm proud of how far we have come.  We still have work to do - but I am really pleased with how much we have grown in the past year.  God is good!!

15.  Follow Flylady for 1 month - Flylady who??  Wow.  This is not a good set of 10.  Nope - haven't done this.  HOWEVER.  My house is clean 80 percent of the time without flylady.  Working threw me for a loop at the end of the school year.

16.  Frame photography and hang - Sigh.  No money to do this.  Would love to - but that budget thing screwed this one all up :)

17.  Get a job - Done.  I'm a substitute teacher and I love it.  Wasn't so sure about this in the beginning - but I really do enjoy it - especially 4-6 grade.  I stayed pretty busy last year.  This year I'm adding Marty's school to the mix to try to stay busier.  Gotta keep paying for that college bill (donations accepted - lol!!) :)

18.  Get one child licensed and off to college - Almost!  She has her learners permit and we drop her off at school this week.  Child number two has started driving now :(  Yes, you should feel very sorry for me....

19.  Get over stage fright - no sirree.  No opportunities to practice.  Well, wait on that - I DID do a 3 minute thing earlier this summer.  I survived, my voice was strong.  I thought I was going to pass out - but I didn't :)  It's a little progress, right???

20.  Get something published - No again.  I did see something the other day I wanted to check into.  You had to, however, only have 150 words or less.  Yeah right.  If you read my blog - you KNOW how long winded I am!!

Well - this was not a good list!  I have work to do people :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...