Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Justice

I was glad to see this article on Toledo 11 news about Warren Jeffs.  I thought the article did a nice job of sharing some information but yet not being too sensational about it thus protecting the girls involved a bit.  It's good to know the jury nailed this moron and I hope it scares the daylights out of any other wanna-be psychos.

Anywho - I do have to say this though.  Why is our justice system sooooo inconsistent on how it handles sexual abuse?  Some people get nailed, some people get a slap on the wrist.  Shoot, you can write a bad check and serve more jail time than someone who rapes a child.  (I know some of you might take offense to how I just worded that.  However, that's what it is and sometimes we need to face that harsh reality.  It should make us mad enough to act.)   It doesn't make sense.  I'm all for tougher laws and life sentences.  Actually, I think we should just add one thing to the life sentence - and that would be removal of certain body parts.

Okay, I did not just say that on this blog.  But, I did.  Some things just make me angry - and this would be one of them.

Way to go jury in Texas for standing up for those little girls.  They needed someone to speak for them - and you spoke loud and clear.  I applaud you. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...