Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kingdom Minded

The political scene in America is, in my opinion, pretty divided right now.  There are tea parties, right-winged, left-winged, independents, liberal, conservative - ask - someone will tell you what they think.  In America, we are fortunate enough to be able to speak our minds, share our opinions and face almost no ill-consequence from it.  It is part of what makes this country great.

I love my country.  I love that I was born here.  I am thankful for my religious freedom.  I am proud of the men and the women who serve so I can be free.  I love that we can agree to disagree and no one has to get killed for it.  I love that we are free to choose what we believe and whom we believe.  I am glad no one tells me how to dress, what to speak and that as a woman, I enjoy the same equal rights as a man.  There are so many good things about this place and I believe this is a great country.

There is a growing mindset, however, especially in the church, that concerns me.  I don't want to offend anyone - but I feel it is something that needs to be addressed.

It is not about countries.  It is about people.  It is about the kingdom of God.  It is not about the color of our skin, the amount of money in our bank account, the language we speak, the party we belong to, the way we vote - it is about the kingdom of God.  It is not about America, India, China, Israel, Egypt, Mexico, Canada, Germany - wherever - it is about the KINGDOM.  The kingdom of God - where GOD doesn't see us as any different. 

This post is something I see go around a lot of Facebook.  I've seen it posted on friends walls, on others walls.  I want to talk about it a little if I could.  It goes like this: 

In America - We Have to press "1" to speak English. In America - the homeless go without eating.  In America - the elderly go without needed medicines.  In America - the mentally ill go without treatment.  In America - our troops go without proper equipment.  In America - our vets go without promised benefits, yet, we donate billions to other countries before helping our own.

All true.  But - let's look at it a different way.

In the kingdom - God created the languages - equally.  He speaks and understands them all.  In the kingdom - the homeless go without eating.  In the kingdom - the elderly go without medicines.  In the kingdom - the mentally ill go without treatment.  In the kingdom - in other countries besides our own -  troops go without proper equipment.  In the kingdom - vets go without benefits - if they get any at all - and lets not forget those forced to fight at the age of 12 or child solders taken from their families.  In the kingdom - it's not about taking care of OUR OWN - it's about taking care of PEOPLE - ALL of God's people!

Kingdom minded.  God created us all.  He created every beautiful color.  He created every musical language.  He created us all.  He does not see us as "American" or "Mexican" or "African-American" or "Jewish" or "Muslim" - He sees us through His eyes of love - through the eyes of our heavenly father - madly, deeply, in love with ALL of us.

And let me add one more thing.  IF the church as a whole - no matter what country or part of the world we come from - IF the church as a whole took care of the needs of the community - THEN all of those things wouldn't be a problem.  No one would go without eating because we would all share our food instead of looking down on those who don't make as much as we do - or who have made poor choices in life and are now unable - for whatever reason - to feed themselves.  No one would go without medical or psychological care - because - we - as the church - using the talents and gifts God has given us - would take care of the needs of others. 

I just encourage you to think about this.  Be kingdom minded - not country minded.  No where in the bible does it tell us to take care of "America" before we take care of another country.  That's not what the kingdom is about.  It should not be about "us" and "them" - but about the very people Jesus died for.  And that, my good friends, includes everyone.

Kingdom Minded.  A whole new perspective.

2 comments:

MelissaDaams said...

that's a good way to look at. i'm so divided about all that is being said, too. of course, i don't see everything on this side of the atlantic - thank goodness... i've got a brother who is a marine, but then i'm kind of like a "let's bring the troops home" Ron Paul kind of gal... but then I'm like everyone should have health care - so then I'm not totally with Ron Paul on that scene... just so complicated... I will await the return of my Lord to settle everything and make it as it should be!

Shaynee said...

I agree. It really is the church's responsability to take care of the needy, not the government's responsability. What a great witness it would be to the world if we would fulfil this role! And I'm preaching to myself here--I need to be more giving and more kingdom focused.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...