Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Almost Happy Birthday to me :)

Tomorrow is my 41st birthday!  Woo Hoo :)  I have survived one year at being 40.  My day is starting off with breakfast with my dear friend Weiling - an international student who lived with us for a week 2 summers ago as she arrived to study at The University of Toledo.  Then I have some free time in the afternoon (anyone want to hang out??) Then we have a Special Olympics soccer game with 11 very special young men and women.  It's supposed to be really crappy weather so pray with me that the rain holds off so we can stay toasty warm during our games.  Then, finally, we'll finish off the day with dinner with the in-laws.

I love celebrating birthdays now!  I am, however, very sad, that this will be the first birthday not celebrated with my daughter.  I'm going to do my best not to focus on it 'cause that is going to be tough.

As a side note - will you pray for me?  Pray that I have a great day.  Holidays are sometimes hard for me.  I don't know what it is - if I set my expectations too high or what - I'm not sure.  I don't know if it's having had all holidays/birthdays/etc ruined growing up - but inevitably - if it's not the "perfect" day - I struggle.  It's silly, I know, and it's always something I have to fight.  I tend to spend the day on eggshells waiting for something to go wrong.  It's tough.  I hate it, but it's something I have to deal with.

Anyway - I sure don't feel almost 41!!  Well - okay - SOME DAYS I really do feel it - but for the most part - I don't.

All I know is this.  I'm blessed, thankful, grateful for all my family and friends.  I love you guys.  Thanks for being part of my life :)

1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

First, I think you love your birthday as much as I love mine :-) And second, I struggle with the same thing. For me, it is the anticipation and then, if it doesn't go as planned I have a pity party and it makes it worse. So, I will pray fo you because I understand that feeling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...