Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, September 12, 2011

Beauty in the Moment

Today I went shopping for some work clothes.  I am running way low.  As in 1 pair of pants and maybe 2 dress shirts and that is it.  I needed to pick up 2 pairs of pants and a couple of shirts.

As always, I struggled.  The negativity in my mind in the dressing room is crazy.  I scold myself, yell at myself, feel regret, remorse, guilt.  None of it is positive.  I'm mad, angry, ready to cry.

After trying on stuff for over an hour, I finally found a fit - and a wonderful woman who helped me out that was so non-judgmental, it made me think.

As I was walking out the door with clothes in hand - something struck me.

I need to be beautiful - feel beautiful - in the moment.

I think all women struggle with their self-esteem.  Some more than others - I think it's part of the curse.  We'll never be happy with where we are at weight wise, shape wise, fitness wise.  There is always "more" we can do, "more" we can be (or less, as the case may be, lol).  But, is there?

Today - I am allowing myself to be beautiful - to feel beautiful - right now.  Right here.  Right where I am at.  Today I love me even though I'm overweight and not where I want to be.  Today I will look in the mirror and tell myself positive things and relish the fact that I have a man who loves me, finds me attractive - right where I'm at.  He's sure not complaining - just the opposite - so why am I?

We are all beautiful.  Give yourself permission today to be beautiful in this moment.  Forget about tomorrow, forget about how your body has changed, forget about the extra pounds.  Just look at yourself through God's eyes and see that you are beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...