Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chicken - bawk bawk!

This week I've had two opportunities - no - make that 3 - to really speak truth into people's lives - and I've chickened out.  This may surprise some of you - but I'm not always so brave, so forward and so willing to speak my mind.  People think I am all of the above - but honestly - I'm not.  Yes, in a situation where I am directly confronted or attacked - look out - but when I need to speak truth and I may hurt someones feelings in the process - that's tough stuff.

Does anyone else struggle with this?  Do you ever walk away from a conversation and think "SNAP - I shoulda said this" or "I shoulda said that".  You KNOW what the word says - but you don't speak it?  You hold back and you wish you hadn't?

I'm good at speaking truth in love - in writing.  I'm just not good at it in person.  

I know God is working on me because I've been diving into the word, trying to memorize scripture.   I know stuff in the bible - but I can never recall where I read this or that.  Recently I've been trying to commit it to memory.  Maybe I'm wrong - but I feel like God has tested me - not once - not twice - but three times this week to use that scripture and speak truth into people's lives - but I haven't been able to do it.

I'm frustrated with myself over it.  Not necessarily discouraged - but disappointed that I would be afraid to tell people what they need to know.  I am going to be held responsible for that.  I don't want people to come back later and say "Well if you knew that - then WHY didn't you tell me??"

Anywho.  I need to work on this.  My reason for memorizing scripture is Psalm 119:11 - I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.  Yet - I am silent.  Grrrr.

It's never too late - I still have opportunity to speak in love and tell the truth in God's word.  Pray for me, will you?  That I would be bold and courageous - yet gentle and delicate.  Also pray that the next time I have an opportunity to use my words in speaking truth - I am able to do that.  Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...