Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Saturday, September 10, 2011

First 10 verses

As I stated in my earlier post, I'm working on some scripture memorization.  Thought I'd share the first ten with you and let you know which ones I need to work on and which ones I have.  I'll also share with you, on some of them, the translation.  I say on some because I forgot to write down which translation I was looking at until verse 8 - lol.  Feel free to leave a comment if you know the translation of the first 7!  I used mostly the NIV and Message - but some I already had memorized in another translation and there is no sense messing up a good thing unless I really liked another translation.

Anywho - here goes:

1.  Genesis 1:1 - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."  Check - got this one.

2.  John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was God."  This is a JBQ verse so I have this one down.  Will need to put the John 1:1 with it and I'll be all set.

3.  John 1:15 - "The word became flesh and took up residence among us.  We observed His glory, the glory as the one and only son from the father, full of grace" - NIV.  However - I'm going to learn it from the MSG - which I LOVE ( and have done a previous post on ) and it goes like this:  "The word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighborhood.  We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like father, like son, generous inside and out, true from start to finish"

4.  John 3:15 -  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - NIV.  Check - got this one.

5.  Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our God."  Check - got this one.

6.  Romans 3::23 - "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God".  - Check - JBQ!

7.  Romans 5:8 - "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:  while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."  Check - got this one

8.  Romans 10:9 - "That if you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  I think I have most of this - need to work on the location.  - NIV

9.  Romans 10:10 - "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved" - NIV

10.  2 Timothy 3:16 - "Every part of scripture is God-breathed and useful in one way or another - showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us in God's way." I know this one in NIV so I decided to switch it up to the message.

That's the first 10.   I'm going to spend a week on these and see how I do.  On most of them, I just have to get the location down.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Anyone care to join me?

2 comments:

Jackie Koll said...

Are you using a specific scripture memory program or just picking them yourself? Just wondering :-)

Jackie Koll said...

I'm such a dork. I wrote my comment, than scrolled down to your next post ;-) LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...