Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

His Masterpiece






I am not a painter.  I wish I were. I think painting/drawing/sketching is an incredible gift. To be able to see with your minds eye and transpose to paper - that's pretty special in my book.

I am, however, a musician.  At one time, a very good musician.   When I was at the height of my "career" in music - I loved to play.  I loved to hear the music, to play in a way to make people feel the music.  I was able to play with or without written music and make something beautiful.  Now - not so much - but at one time, this was true.

Ephesians 2:10, NLT says this:  "For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

I love this verse. We are a masterpiece!  We, in the hands of God, the master artist, make a beautiful song - we are a beautiful painting!  We have been created anew.  Think about that.  In order for a piece to reach the "master" level - it must be removed of all defect by the maker.  We have been removed of all defect by our maker!  We are beauty.  We have been created this way for GOOD things.  And the best part?  For good things God planned LONG ago.  Amazing!

Much like a musician begins to hear a song long before it is ever played, or a painter begins to picture what she/he will create in her mind long before she begins creating it - our God - our great, awesome, magnificent God - began planning US - his MASTERPIECE - long ago.  Isn't that exciting?  I think it is!  He saw us in His mind's eye and he couldn't wait to put us to paper - to see what He created. 

God's masterpiece.  Something incredible, beautiful, perfect.  Owned, created and gazed upon with approval and affection by God.  He loves the look of us, he loves the sound of our laughter.  Yes - we are beautiful in His sight.  He is proud of what He has created. Can you feel that today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...