Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Give Thanks - Day 10



Today I am thankful for Christian Universities.  I'm thankful for Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, MI where I met the 2 most important men in my life.  Yes - 2 :)  Jesus AND my husband.  Now THAT is a terrific college!!  Funnest years of my life.  Great times!  Still have some amazing Godly friends from Cornerstone.  I had no idea the friends I made there would be friends forever - and I am so thankful for them.  I'm thinking today of Sarah and Keith Knapp, of Don Leach, of Sarah Wright.  Jeanna, Amy - too many to count!  So thankful for all of you.  I wish we all lived close enough to hang out, play soccer, climb the rooftops of any building, go to our kids games, pray together, serve Jesus together.  Thankful for all of you today!

Equally thankful for the newest Christian University in our lives - North Central in Minneapolis, MN.  Yes, much like Cornerstone, North Central may just break the bank - HOWEVER - it's worth EVERY penny spent.  To see my daughter grow in the Lord every single time I speak with her - well there is no price tag on that.  I'm thankful for the professors, for the dorm people, for the other students - for everyone who is now involved in her life from North Central that are helping her along on her journey.  Thank you North Central University for being committed to teaching young people how to be passionate in their walk with Jesus, for pouring the word of God in and over their lives, for praying, for seeking, for challenging.  We are so grateful to all of you.

Christian Universities - the place to be!!

Pickett Hall - my dorm for my sophomore and junior year.  The place where I had my worst RA who was always trying to bust me.  The place where all the girls ran to the windows to check out the dark Brazilian hot guy walking past the dorm after soccer practice (my husband - who is Mexican and not Brazilian and, much like my daughter, when all the girls would run to the window, I would roll my eyes and say WHATEVER! - But, secretly, I was watching him walk past the window as well and NOW I would DEFINITELY run to the window to watch him walk by :) ).  The place where above mentioned Sarah W. and I snuck in and out of her first floor window on several occasions (okay, so MAYBE the RA was right in always trying to bust me - but she never succeeded!) - The place where I had my candlelight when Marty proposed.  Such good times and good memories!!


E's college experience!  It seems like such a short time ago when it was us - and now it's her.  I pray she has an even better time than we did.  She's already making wiser and more Godly choices than we ever did.  So proud of her :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...