Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Friday, November 11, 2011

Give Thanks - Day 11

Can I be honest?

Today is a day - I don't feel like giving thanks.  It has been a very long week.  We have had some big time struggles in our family.  I'm sick, Jon's sick.  Not much to be thankful for this week. 

However :)

Today, I am thankful for Godly friends who lift up my arms and hold me up when I am too weak to do that on my own.  This week, especially, I am thankful for two friends who have been an encouragement to me - who have kept my eyes focused on Jesus and not on my problems.  Two friends who love our family and love my kids.  Two friends who I can always be honest with and who don't look at us any differently - in fact - who do nothing but tell us what a great job we are doing.  I am oh so grateful for their friendships - especially in this week.  I know both of them would do anything within their power for our family and both have done so at different points in our lives and in different ways.

So - today - I'd like to send a shout out to my friends Lois and Aaron.  You guys have kept me going this week.  I don't admit my weaknesses, talk about my struggles, share my heartaches with just anyone.  In fact, I'm a pretty private person and today I want to publicly thank you both for allowing me to be - me.  You don't judge me, you don't judge our family - you just love on us, pray for us, lift us up.  Thank you so much.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me through this tough week!  What would I do without both of you??

Proverbs 17:7 - A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

Proverbs 27:9  - The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Friends are God's way of taking care of us.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...