Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Saturday, November 5, 2011

This is for you Dad


Not my Dad - but Dad's out there - and especially my husband - who is the best dad in the entire world to our kids.

Found on my daughter's tumblr page:

I wanna go back to the generation where "going out" was going on a date, not immediately being "BF/GF". I wanna go back to the generation when a guy had to get permission from the girl's Dad to ask her out. I wanna go back to the generation where a guy would physically call her and talk to her, not text. I wanna go back to the generation where your first kiss would be with someone you've been dating for months, not hookup with a guy you meet in a club. I wanna go back to the generation where a guy would give you his varsity jacket. I wanna go back to the generation where a girl can get any guy just by wearing a t-shirt, jeans and a pair of sneakers. I wanna go back to the generation where couples slow danced, not grind. I wanna go back to the generation where love actually makes sense....

And on the bottom - a note from my daughter which says:
Any guy that wants to date me needs to know this is exactly what our relationship is going to look like. ESPECIALLY the asking Dad part. I mean it.


Do a good job - love your daughter - teach her what a real man looks like by loving her Mom, loving her and being a good Daddy - and these are the types of things your daughter will say when she is 18.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...