Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

25 days of praise


I found this challenge here and thought it was pretty worth following!  Basically - there are 25 days until Valentines Day (actually began yesterday).  The point is to spend the next 25 days praising your man :)  I love doing that so I think I'll follow this challenge.

Copied from Courtney's site about week 1:  "Week 1 starts TODAY! Look for ways to praise your husband verbally. Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on facebook, tweet it - get praise out anyway you can! Try to mention something noteworthy he has done - in his role as provider, father, husband, lover, or friend. If the thought of trying to come up with one terrifies you, then pray right now that God will give you new eyes to see your husband as God does. Then open your mouth and say something kind and uplifting to your husband today and tomorrow and the next day until Valentine's Day arrives!"

I can't imagine being "terrified" about praising the man God gave me.  I love, appreciate, respect, build up my guy as often as possible.  There is, however, always room for improvement!  It leaves me shaking my head at how so many women seem to find enjoyment in tearing their spouse down.  Maybe I'm just extremely blessed to have the man I do - but part of what makes our marriage work is this very thing - building each other up instead of tearing the other down - ESPECIALLY in front of other people.

Anywho - so - on the first day of the challenge for me - I'd like to give a shout out to the man I married.  He is my best friend.  I love him more now than I did the day we got married.  He is a hard worker, insanely honest, loves the Lord, an incredible husband & father, the light and laughter of my life.  I just plain can't get enough of him!!  I love having him around and he is, by far, my most favorite person to spend time with!  I praise God every day for the marriage He has blessed me with.

So who's with me?  Anyone want to jump in and praise your man today??

2 comments:

Jackie Koll said...

Love that you are doing this too :-)

Marcie @ DWYH said...

Just found your beautiful blog via Women Living Well :) so excited your doing this challenge, it's such a wonderful thing when women can encourage each other to love and uplift their hubbies! I'm your newest follower and can't wait to read more from you!

www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...