Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Thursday, January 20, 2011

In the News

Has anyone else seen this?  This is one of those things that makes your blood boil.  I would rather not share all the gory details on here so if you would like to read specifics - go to the link.  Basically it's about the abortion Dr. in PA who is being charged with murder.  I heard more details on Yes FM this morning than the article shared - and it made me sick.  Also on Yes FM were some quotes by some lady who heads an organization of Dr.'s who do abortions in "safe, legal, and humane" ways.

If you know me, you know this is yet another touchy subject for me.  I don't agree with abortion.  At the same time, I was once the 14 year old sexually abused child.  I almost can't say this next sentence - but it's necessary (Mom, don't read any farther - x this out right about now). I don't know that I have ever shared this with anyone before. I was the 14 year old girl at one point wondering if she was pregnant not because she had sex voluntarily or by choice  - being offered to be taken for an abortion by her father to hide his sin. I'm not one to point fingers in the instance of rape or molestation - I can't.  It almost happened to me.  By the grace of God, I was not pregnant but I remember it very clearly and more than once. At this point in my life, if something terrible were to happen and I was to become pregnant by rape - of course I would keep the child - but at 14 I felt differently.  I'm not saying it would have been the right choice - I'm saying you have to stand in anothers shoes before you can point fingers or flippantly say what you would or would not do in a similar situation.

Moving along.  A few comments on the article.

I don't get it.  What he did - absolutely terrible.  Unbelievable.  Horrific is not even the right word.  Yet - abortion - is abortion.  Murder.  Is.  Murder.  But NOW he's being charged with murder?  So it's not murder if he would have done it "properly" by sucking the life out of a child with a vacuum?  I'm serious.  What's the difference?  A child is a child.  Period.  Once that child is formed in it's mother's womb - it is a child - no matter what the age.  If you were to do nothing - that "group of cells" would form into a child. If it were not a child from the beginning - abortion would not be needed - because there would be nothing to remove or get rid of.  Right?? (**Update - I am NOT saying he shouldn't be charged with murder.  I'm saying why is this murder & every other "clean" abortion not considered murder?  Seems like the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me)

Just sayin'.  Like I said.  Please understand I was once a child myself in a horrific (again, not even the right word) situation.  More horrific than any of you know.  If you are a woman who has had an abortion - I'm sorry.  I'm sorry you were in a situation so horrible you felt no other way out.  I know the feeling.  God loves you and I believe your baby awaits you in heaven.  I can't imagine how you feel or what you deal with every day.  It may sound otherwise - but I am not sitting in judgement of you.  Please hear my heart. I don't wish this situation upon my worst enemy.  I'm only commenting on the Dr. and the way the justice system is handling it - not on you personally.  Please know I don't judge you, I don't think less of you and I DO understand what it is like to be so desperate you feel you have no other options.  Only by the grace of God am I not the woman who had an abortion.

Well that's the depressing news post of the day!  Goodness!  It makes me crazy.  I recently saw a thing on Facebook about a lady who formed a website for the sole purpose of deciding if her baby would live or die.  If the readers voted no then no abortion - if the readers voted yes - the baby was gone. Unfortunately the baby is no longer.  I don't know if that was a hoax or not - but it's sick either way.

Okay - time to go find something happier to focus on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...